[Sixteen: New Love?]

" Love is a risky thing , but I'm starting to care for you more." 

Chapter 16

Arriving I sensed that someone was at my door. I stalked up cautiously. His long hair is what made me calm down.

"Hey Jake. What are you doing here?" I called as I walked up to him.

"Nothing much. My dad just sent me to see if you were okay since you weren't answering your phone for the past days."

"Oh well I'm alright just tell him I had a family matter I was forced into. He'll understand what I mean."

"Um alright will do. So what have you been up to seeing as you're walking without a coat in this freezing weather." 
"Oh I actually just was walking back from the reservation. I lost my coat but the cold doesn't bother me." I told Jake just shrugging.

"Alright well I should be going then. I'm going to go see if Bella is alright."

"Oh you know what can I come with? If that's okay with you."

Jake just gave me a look of surprise. "Um sure you know her?"

"Obviously." I said giving him a look..

Jacob just laughed and motioned me to follow.

"Wait you drove here by yourself? You're what 15?" I said as I stopped in front of his dad's Chevy truck.

"Um yea I wasn't going to walk here." He said giving me a duh face.

I just laughed and playfully slapped his arm. Jacob was also laughing and we looked at each other.

I do not know what draws me to him, but I invade his thoughts.

I'm so glad she's alright. Why are we looking at each other like this. I should look away but she looks so cute but cold.

Jacob suddenly hugs me and I blush feeling ashamed that I had read his thoughts.

"You're not freezing." He says his chin resting on my shoulder.

Jacob is taller than me, I stand at 5'9 and he's 6'7. I didn't realize till now that he really stood over me.

Embarrassed even more than I already was. I pulled away from the hug.

"Well I'm going to drive because I'm older. Embarrassed even more than I already was. I pulled away from the hug.

"Well I'm going to drive because I'm older, and I have a license." I said with a goofy smile.

"Fine." Jacob said with a pout.

"Don't give me that face." I said while pushing his face away.

He just stared at me again and I just walked to the driver side avoiding eye contact with him.

I did it again and I listen to his thoughts.

I hope she doesn't think I am acting weird. I should be worrying about Bella.

Aww he is still thinking about her.