[Twenty-Seven: Darkness]

"It's a great feeling when you save someone who means so much to someone you once loved. I'd be so willing to, but I hesitate because how can you love someone so breakable?"

Chapter 27

We ran back to where Bella was.

I was getting a headache and I knew what was happening.

"You go ahead. I'll catch up." I told them as I stopped in the outskirts of Phoenix.

"Alright." Edward said leaving me behind. Rosaline stayed and just gave me worried look.

Vision

There were mirrors all over the room. Bella was there with James. He had tricked her.

It was still sunny so I went to the area I knew Bella was going to be at later.

I couldn't believe that Bella would stupid go to James.

I was still in Bella's features and scent.

I knew that Edward and the rest of them drove the rest of the way into Phoenix, since they couldn't be seen.

I walked into a cafe not too far from the studio.

Jake hadn't replied to my call and I was upset, but I would be seeing him soon.

I was going to be there with her, even though I could care less what happened to her.

The sun was now setting and I payed for my food and left the cafe.

Why don't  I just go in before Bella gets here. I can't pull her attitude off. I'm honestly just scared to confront James alone.

I saw her taxi pull up.

While staying in the shadows I followed her inside. James could only smell her scent and he couldn't see me so I was invisible to him.

My movements were swift and quiet as I heard the tape of her mother being rolled.

"Mom!" Bella called out as she rushed over to where the voice was louder. She still believed that her mother was here.

Bella stopped dead in her tracks when James' voice ran out. It sent chills down my spine, I knew that he could best me in a fight because he was a hunter. He knew what I was. I just hope the Cullens get here before a fight, but I have a feeling they won't.

I heard Bella screamed and that's when I jumped down from where I had climbed up.

James had backed her up towards the wall, with camera in hand telling her to beg.

He wanted Edward to come after him.

She however had pepper sprayed him in the face. I praised her fight, but that lead to her to be thrown. When James loomed over her, I caught is attention.

"Leave her alone!" I screamed at him as I charged while changing my features back to my original ones.

James lifted his head to see me speed towards him. In a last effort to record Bella's suffering he threw her into one of the mirrors.

I adorned my fingertips with the same razor sharp talons.

Bella was moaning in pain, but I couldn't get to her I had to kill James first.

He had dropped the camera and was now smirking at me.

"Well I thought I'd never see you again. I'm going to enjoy this."

He smirked as he dodged my onslaught of attacks.  This was bad, if I didn't land some hits in I would be drained before Edward got here.

I landed a gut spilling slash across his stomach. He at the same time scratched from cheek to my neck and the blood flowed freely,

To my horror James leaned in and licked the blood.

He gripped my arms and throws me towards a mirror. As I struggled to get up I see that he is biting Bella on her arm.

I go over to him d with my last amount of strength I throw him out the window.

I took this opportunity to assess Bella's wounds.

"It hurts." She said through clenched teeth.

"I know I need to stop the bleeding." I told her as I touched the blood that's still flowing from my wound.

I put it on the enormous gash on her leg.

"What are you doing?" She said with wide eyes.

"I'm healing you." I told her as the skin stitched itself together, but not fully.

The doors burst open as Edward runs in.

I get up and turn to look at him, in this moment of distraction, James had recovered and caught me.

"Marie no!" Edward screams.

I didn't know why until I see that james had punched right through my chest, my heart in his hand.

He dropped my heart to the ground as he retracts his hand out.

I fall to my knees as the rest of the Cullens appear.

With the last bit of strength I say one word so that Edward can save Bella.

"Venom."

I knew what the ache in my chest was I knew now that my vision was of this.

The darkness welcomes me for my temporary death. My last thoughts where of Jake, what would they tell him  and someone's voice I don't remember who's. I wondered how long it would take to regrow my heart or reattach it if Carlisle even could.

I shouldn't have foolishly saved this pathetic human. I did it for Edward.

Stranger's POV

I was in my house making tea as I thought of the girl I hadn't seen in months. Thinking of how beautiful she was and how I shouldn't have let her go.

Suddenly I felt a tether snap inside me. My heart broke as I didn't feel anything. I knew this could only mean one thing. She was gone and I wanted to die too. I knew the perfect place to be to be given my death.

Author's note

What do you think is going to happen? Who is the stranger?

You'll find out later on in the second book, Love Chaos.

Well I am done. Hope you enjoy the first book. I loved writing it. I will try to have the second book out as soon as I can.