[Seventeen: No More Secrets]

" I am trying to be an open box, but I still need my secrets. Even if I say there will be no more."

Chapter 17

The walk turned into a fast run. The trees were a blurred mess as I was feeling the usual change in my features.

Chameleons have natural elongated canines, for predatory and status purposes.  However we don't have them out unless we are challenged by someone else. Another of my personal features is our slightly pointed ears, but most of us hid it.

When I got to the house I didn't shift back.

I'm going to start being truthful now. Let them see my true features. I know so much and been a big part of their history, the least I can do is this. Just not my wings.

I let the rest of my features become what they are meant to be. Smooth and beautiful. My moon birthmark coming through the usual change I have over it.

Walking up to the door, I knocked and braced myself for what I was going to say.

Rosaline opened the door and looked quiet shocked to see me.

"Hey Rose, I thought I ought to open up to you guys. So don't be so shocked to see me like this, I'm just being me." I said while giving her a big smile, my canines in full view.

"Um sure come in." She said moving to the side.

Carlisle came to see who had come over at this time. Hs smile held so much warmth as he gave me a hug.

"Well  I see you're not hiding anything now, so this face is the true you than?"  He asked as he took me in and as he looked at my shoulder.

The jacket I had was in my hands as i let my birthmark out on full display. As for the face it was the one I already had since I was starting to forget how I looked.

"Yes no more mask. I hope it's not weird." I said with a shy smile.

Emmet just came over and said nice ears.

"Marie you can never be weird. I think it's great." She said as she brought me into a tight hug.

"This is why I love this family. You all are understanding and open minded. My kind doesn't like imperfections even if they are a part of us. Like my birthmark and the pointed ears are looked down upon even if everyone has them hidden." I said finally getting it off my chest.

"Well Chameleons seem to be very stupid creatures if they have to fix their born given features. You're kind is extremely messed up if they believe that imperfection are terrible. It just makes you unique. But I'm glad you're opening up Marie." Edward said as he descended the stairs.

"I know Edward. My parent's don't speak out against it because that's how they to think so their subjects just follow their example."

"They're also your subjects. Don't forget you're also a princess." Edwards said as he punches my arm.

"Thanks, but I'm just the missing princess. Also what do you all think of the real me." I said with the big goofy grin.