[Twenty: New Motions]

"We are more than friends, but less than lovers. You're my family."

Chapter 20

*Marie's POV*

My blood was still boiling as I made my way downstairs. I didn't want to be in his room as I could smell my scent and also Bella's on him.

He'd been in her room. He watched her when she was asleep and she'd called out his name.

A low snarl escaped my mouth.

"Marie are you okay?." Alice called out from behind me.

" Yes it's just this damn venom is still in my bloodstream. It's not so painful now thanks to Carlisle's thinking." I replied trying to be more upbeat.

"Well I'm just reminding you about the school trip tomorrow. Are you going to..." Alice stopped as I gave her a look that said do I look like I'm up to anything? 

"I'll call the school tomorrow. Also Alice is there a blanket I'm freezing."

Alice went out and touched my forehead, her icy hands made me pull back.

"You're burning up though."

"I feel cold. Please." I winned.

She just huffed and went to go look for a blanket.

I knew I shouldn't have been jealous or mad at Edward but I already sense that there might be something there between them.

Alice came back with a blanket as I nestled into the couch.

"Here, just sleep as long as you want. I'll take a note tomorrow to school so you're excused."

I was already dozing off as I felt the blanket be draped or me.

The darkness of sleep opened it's arms to me and I was utterly unconscious.

Hours passes that I was asleep and dreaming of what life would be like if I were queen instead of my parent's. What life would be like with Eros if he were still alive. This was before I was woken up by the sudden urge to vomit.

I ran to the sink and to my horror I threw up blood. But it didn't look right. It was a dark black and it smelled terrible.

I was now suffocating in the smell.

I knew that everyone in the house heard because I heard footsteps approach me.

"Marie I got you a glass of water." His accent surprised me.

The person who had come to check on me and brought me water was Jasper.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean too. I'll clean this up." I told him as I went to clean up the blood.

"Don't worry that smells horrendous and I'm sorry about earlier. Your blood just made me freeze up."

I just nodded to him and took the water as I turned on the faucet to flush the blood down the sink.

Jasper just walked away and I splashed some water on my face.