[Twenty-four: Finding out]

"There are secrets that must be kept, but I couldn't hide them if it meant I could save you. If it means i can protect you than I would gladly show you my secret because I trust you and love you."

Chapter 24

I flew above, passing an all familiar car. I knew I was going to go straight to the area I thought Bella was going to be at. I smelled for her scent. It took a while but I stayed in a tree. Then I saw the guys starting to get there. All drunk. Two of their friends were coming down the alley way.

Bella you sure have amazing timing. I thought as I saw her start walking down the street.

I changed into a German shepherd. I wanted as I watch the guys circle Bella.

Their vile thoughts where all I could here. I purposely wanted to listen because I knew Edward would also be listening.

Men like this is what I hated. I was so ready to attack, but I had to wait.

The screech of tires were what notified me that Edward had arrived. I crept back into the shadows and waited until Edward left with a safe Bella.

That's when I stepped out of the shadows the drunk men were still riled up because of Edward.

I let out a low snarl and exposing the rows of sharp teeth and canines.

"What is this stupid dog doing." Said one of the guys.

I lunged at him biting onto his hand. Crushing his fingers. That's when they started trying to pull me off of him. I started scratching at everyone.

I released my bite and jumped at another. I caught his throat. I didn't care I want to kill them, need to. My instincts kept telling me I had to. I released snapping back and realizing what I had done.

My assault continued as I kept mauling them until I felt a knife come into contact with my side.

I let a whimper. It was too late though. I had already mauled everyone. I limped back into the darkness as the men left, heading straight to the emergency room.

I hope they get scars. This damn wound hurts. I need to shift again so it can heal. I thought as I changed into a black cat.

I began roaming the city. I followed the scent of food and was at a restaurant.

I noticed that Bella and Edward were about to walk in.

I tried to run past them, but Bella say me and tried luring me towards her.

"Come here kitty." Bella said as she bent down towards me.

Ugh , might as well. I'm happy to see her safe. I don't know how Edward would be like if she weren't.

I walked over to her and rubbed my head on her outstretched hand and purred.

I moved away from her and walked and rub onto Edward's legs. He looked at me suspiciously, but I just turned and walked. I can tell he still needed to calm down.

I continued until I was at the docks.

Should I just be a fish or steal clothing. I decided on neither and continued back towards the woods.