[Eleven: Heart to Heart]

"Friends are found in unlikely situations."

CHAPTER 11

*Back to Marie*

I stormed into my room clearly upset. I slammed my door so hard that I heard a crack.

I just took of my dress and stayed in my bra and shorts. Throwing myself onto my bed, I didn't bother with covering up.

"Marie are you..." Axel's words faded as he saw what I what I was wearing.

"Do you like the view?" My voiced filled the room with laughter.

Axel only replied with looking away.

"You know I'm kidding right? Lighten up I don't need you to also bring down my mood."

"Well then cover up. A princess shouldn't act like this when she's practically naked."

"Weren't you the one who said that I didn't at like royalty?" I was trying to push his buttons.

However he just stood there, his back facing me. I could clearly see that I wasn't going to win, so I changed.

"You could turn around now. I'm decent."

Now wearing an old band T-shirt and shorts Axel finally relaxed.

"Okay Marie, what happened with your parents?"

Surprised by his question, because our hearing is exceptional, I replied.

"They wanted me to meet suitors. I'd rather get older while finding my mate than marry someone hand picked for me."

"I see. How do you know when you find your mate?"

Even more shocked now I asked him, "Don't tell me you haven't mated yet?"

His cheeks redden and he just nodded.

"Aww that's adorable. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?"

"I'm 73."

"Young. Well i've got you beat by a thousand."

"Well maybe I shouldn't be friends with such an old lady." Axel said in a sassy tone.

"Ouch, you should be nicer to this old lady. I'm the one who knows what a mating bond feels like." I stuck out my tongue.

Holding up his hands in defeat I began to tell him.

"The mating bond hits you, surprises you when you meet the person.  You'll be drawn to them,  like if you were magnets. Both of you are equals and perfect for each other. You feel lighter, it's so intimate. It's like finding your soulmate, just so much more than that. If both of you accept the bond a connection happens.Whatever emotions one of you feels the other will feel too. You can also sense where one went and where to find them. You can also communicate telepathically. However one can turn down the mating bond. If this happens it can also  cause a great deal of hurt for both of you. It'll feel like death. The pain is even worst for when one of you dies. It never truly goes away until you find your new mate." My voice got softer by the end of it.

"That sounds amazing minus for the last part."

I didn't answer him. I was in my thoughts now.

"Marie are you alright?' Axel reached out a shook me.

"Um yes I'm fine see." I had a big fake smile.

"No you're not you're crying. Did I bring up past memories?"  Axel said as he brushed away my unknown tears.

"Yes."

"Did your mate die? Is this how you know how everything feels?"

"Yes." My voice becoming distant.

No! Marie pull yourself together. Don't go there. You need to talk about it.

Axel's hand was holding mine.

"Marie. I'm sorry, I should get going."  Axel said as he got up to guard the outside of my room.

"My mate, Eros, was killed when our first castle was invaded by Vikings. He was captured and burned with the rest of their captives. I felt everything my parents had me restraint the whole time. I could hear him saying, it's going to be okay. I'm so sorry I have to go. Don't be sad, be happy. I want you to live a happy life. I tried going out to him but I was stopped. I couldn't live a happy life, I was heartbroken for years. Until I met a vampire in Chicago. His name is Edward and he helped me." Finishing the story with huge sigh of relief. It felt like some weight was lifted off my chest.

"I'm so sorry Marie, but a vampire for company. You know what our blood does to them." Axel said with criticism.

"He wasn't like the others he and his family didn't drink human blood but animal. I also always kept my scent hidden from them. Axel I need to get back to them and everyone in Forks."

"Why? It's not like it's your obligation."

This line is what made me angry at him.

"They are my obligation. They are my friends and were more of a family than my parents. I have a tribe I look after and help because I'm the only one who could offer it!" My voice was loud and on the verge of getting dangerous.

Axel flinched from my words.

"I'm sorry Marie I didn't mean to upset you. It's just that this is all new to me. All I've heard was stories and lies about you. I think I like the real you. It seems like you are more than a queen than you think."

Axel's words made me think twice about my friends in Forks.

I gripped Axel's hands in mine. Looking him straight in the eyes I told him, "Axel I am going to escape from this prison soon stay out of my way. Don't get hurt. Lie to them when I escape. When my parents ask you tell them that I bested you. You will not be compelled by their voice, only mine. You will only obey mine. Do you understand."

Axel nodded.

My dangerous voice that compels anyone to do whatever I say was sadly used on Axel.

This was one of the talents that the first were given. My parents and I are the only ones with it.

"Axel I'm so sorry." I said as I kissed his cheek.

Snapping my fingers, he got out of his trace.

"You should go I'm getting sleepy."

With that Axel just said alright and left.

Opening the window I got to work, unweaving the magic that kept the shield up.

Author's note
Are you guys enjoying the story so far?
I have an idea already for how I'm going to continue the story.
Schools starting in 2 weeks for me so there might be slow updates.