[Seven: Love Blooming?]

"They say you'll know when you really find the one, but it's hard to tell with the damage that's been done."
Chapter 7
Marie looked great and I can't believe she actually liked the food. Maybe I can now get over Bella. What am I saying Marie will never like me like that.

I manifested my wings again. Steadying myself before trying to take off.

Their pressure was a welcoming feeling. My back muscles were screaming in pain from not much use.

“This is great!” I screamed to the air.

I was at my house in no time with my powerful wings.

Once I landed I let my wings disappear into their shadowy smoke.

My back all sore from the sudden use of unused muscles.

I really needed a warm bath so I ran up stairs and started one.

My new hot tub sized filled slowly as I was looking up at the sky.

The skyline a perfect addition to my house.

I swirled my finger around toward the skyline, making the clouds that covered the stars move away.

I eased myself into the nice warm bath. I then turned on the TV I had in the room and started to watch the news.

An interesting subject caught my attention.

“BREAKING NEWS: The group of people, from all over, that went missing many years ago have returned safe and sound.They have reported that they don't remember what happened and where they went. However the mystery still stands where did they go? Why can't they remember.”

I changed the channel to the cw.

Stupid. This is why we don't settle down with humans. Humans get worried when we get in danger. It's not like they can returned unaged and expect everything to be fine.

The news story upsetted me because those were younger chameleons that just settled for a human they love, because they want a normal life they can never have. We can never have a normal life. Now they put their family in danger because they returned.

I just closed my eyes and tried to relax again.

Dozing off I imagined Jacob. We were happy. He was smiling and we were swimming in the ocean at night. We were just admiring our presence.

Jerking up, I snapped out of my daydream.

Breathing heavily I said, “No this can't happened why would I dream of him.”

Leaving my bath after realizing I was in there for 2 hours.

I changed into shorts and a tank top. Then I went to search for my blankets.

After another hour of looking through many unboxed boxes I finally found them. I took three and headed back upstairs.

I fell instantly once I got comfortable.

*Dream*

I was trying to push my legs as hard as I could. I was running away from a red headed vampire. I could change into anything because I was in a panic. I reached a cliff and stopped dead in my tracks. I looked back and saw she was accompanied by two male vampires.

“You smell so delicious. I want to eat her already.” The redhead said.

“She's not human. We've been chasing her and she's been running faster than us. But she needs oxygen.” The blond guy said.

He was right I needed oxygen just like anything living.

The trio started advancing but slowly. They were trying to intimidate me and hunt me like some prey.

I took this as an opportunity to throw up a huge shield of wind stretching 3 miles.

They didn't seem to notice the silent but strong wind.

I was now at the edge playing my part of the prey I tried looking scared.

“There's nowhere to go little one.” The black haired male said.

“Oh there is.” I smiled as I let myself free fall into the ocean below.

Once I surfaced I listened to the commotion up at the cliff.

“What the hell is this I can't get through!” One screamed.

“Ha that's what you get. I'm never going to be prey.” I scoffed.

I started to swim away but I was caught in a riptide that was taking me towards rocks.

I was to weak to swim against it and was subsequently slammed again the rock.

It dug into my skin. The rocks shredded my skin and the salt stung.

I thought it was over but a huge wave crashed onto me and took me under.

I was now fully drained and tired. Not being able to swim or even get gills, I sunk. I ended up going unconscious.

I woke up coughing water and a man standing over me.

I couldn't make out his face because it was so fuzzy.

He opened his mouth to speak.

“You're, you're my mate. That's why I had the urge to save you.”

He knelt down and held me.

I couldn't comprehend his words but I tried looking at his face and only saw brownish hair.

*Back to reality*

I was suddenly woken up from my dream by knocking. I checked the clock and saw it was already 10:30 in the morning.

I ran down stairs but before I opened the door I checked if I looked appropriate.

I opened the door and said.

“Who is it and why are you out all the way out here?” I didn't even look to see who it was.

Author's note
Who do you think was at the door?
Who was the mysterious man in her dream?
Also is her dream a prediction?
Hope you enjoy this update.
Also I'm updating it at 12:05 AM.