[Twenty-six: Let's save the human]

"I've never seen why a human would fall for a beast. It's simply unnatural and would only lead to death."
Chapter 26
I drove to my house.
I listened to the forecast knowing that a storm was going to come soon.
The next days leading were me just helping the pack with new shifts changing. Jarered had been the second one to join the pack. I had helped them through it all while still keeping it a secret from Jake.
The days went by and Edward and Bella have gotten closer. He even invited her to a baseball game because there was a going to be a thunder storm.
I am not saying that it get's me mad, but it does. I agreed with Rosaline that it is dangerous to have a human and I always got a vibe off of her.
There was an ache in my chest and I could tell something bad was going to happen.
Time skip
I was now going to the Cullen's house since the day of the Thunderstorm was here. It had been so long since the  last I played a game with them.
"I'm here. I also brought extra bats and balls just in case." I said as I walked through the front door.
"Great. You're on my team. With Carlisle and Jasper. Since you're the only one who can outrun Edward." Rosaline said as she greeted me.
"Well aren't you being nice to me." I sarcastically told her.
"Well I dislike you less than the human that's stinking up the house." She said while crinkling her nose.
"Oh you wanna talk about stink. I don't smell it. You smell like lavender. I agree Bella has a stronger scent, but vampires that drink on human blood smell awful." I told her. She perked up.
"I didn't think that I smelled pleasant to you. However I am curious as to why you never have a smell." Rosaline asked me in a genuinely intrigued tone.
I replied with letting my scent travel out from me. Her eyes widen.
" I see now why your kind is killed. You smell delicious."
"Come on ladies. Quit talking about scents like animals." Emmett joked.
I made my scent disappear as I followed Emmet out the door.
"Edward and Bella are meeting us over at the clearing." Carlisle said as he went into his car.
I went in the Jeep with Emmett and Rosaline.
I hope this was going to be great but I had a bad feeling.
Once there we wait for Bella and Edward to get there.
We were all dressing baseball gear, I however was dressed in black and red unlike the Cullens who were in blue and white.
Bella and Edward walk over to where we are.
"Great Bella, you're going to be umpire." Esme told her.
"She thinks we cheat." Emmett told him as he headed out to the field.
Bella just looked nervous for the game.
My team was batting first.
"It's time." Alice said as lightning ran across the sky and the sound of thunder booming.
I stept up to the base and readied for Alice to pitch the ball. My bat collided with her ball. It went right through the trees.
"That's got to  be a homerun." Bella said as I was running for the bases. Edward was running after my ball.
"I don't know. Edwards really fast." Esme told her as I rushed to second.
"Marie is faster." Rosaline chimed in.
I had made it third and there was still no sign of the ball. I was going to make it home.
I slid into home as I saw the ball fly right above from where I was on the ground.  Esme caught it.
"Safe." Bella said sorta annoyed.
I got up and dusted myself off.
"Gotta be quicker than me Eddy." I called to him by his old nickname.
The game went on like that. Rosaline got out. Carlisle made it home, and JAsper got out.
Right after I hit the ball with the bat, Alice stopped us.
"They're coming. They were leaving, but they  heard us play."  Alice said with slight fear in her voice.
"Bella let's go." Edward said trying to pull her away.
"It's too late." Alice told him.
We all rushed over to Bella and surrounded her.
Like if that would help hid her scent.
Edward gave her his jacket and kept her close to him.
"Like if that's going to help you can smell her across the field." Rosaline said with a wrinkle of the nose.
I moved over to her, so she was in-between Edward and I.
She tried moving away from me.
I held her in place. "I wouldn't move I'm trying to hide your stench." I hissed at her.
Bella stopped moving away.
The vampires were moving towards us.
I went ridged when I saw the blond on the end. He was the same one who attacked me.
I saw that Edward was eyeing me worried.
"I believe this belongs to you." The male in the middle said, as he threw the ball towards Carlisle.
"Thank you."  Carlisle said with pure calmness.
"I am Laurent. And this is Victoria and James." Laurent said introducing them.
"I'm Carlise and my family. I'm afraid your hunting activities  have caused something of a mess for us." Carlisle said motioning to us.
"My apologies, we didn't realize the territory had been claimed." Laurent said with sympathy.
James kept eyeing Bella and me. 
Their conversation went on. I looked at Carlisle when he said that they can join the game, because three of us are leaving.
Victoria and Laurent turned to head to the field. James stayed there staring at us.  
We turned to go to the Jeep, but a  gust of wind blew and Bella's scent was drifted towards James.
"You brought a snack." James said.
"She's with us." I hissed at him. The Cullens and I had a defensive stance in front of Bella.
"Don't you look familiar." James taunted at me.
He did remember and his thought were focused on hunting Bella and me. He wanted to kill both of us. I could tell Edward heard too.
"I see we aren't welcome." Laurent said as he tried to steer James away from us.
The images of the night where James almost killed me. I knew he was thinking them. He thought to me,  I know what you are. 
They were off.
"He's not going to stop, he wants Bella and me. You shouldn't have invited your stupid human!" I screamed at Edward. 
"We need to get her away. Find a way to leave Forks." Edward told her.
"I'm sorry." Bella said looking down.
"You should be, we're now having a rescue mission for you." Rosaline hissed.
"Rosaline stop." Edward told her as he rushed over to the jeep to take Bella home.
"We'll meet you at home Edward." Esme told him as the rest of us packed into the  other cars.
I called Jacob, but he didn't answer the phone. So I left him a voicemail.
"Hey Jake I have to go to Norway for a bit. My parents need help with their investments. I don't know when I'll be back. I love you and I'll see you as soon as I can."
At the home Edward brought an upset Bella and her clothes.
"Here put this on." Edward said tossing the clothes to Rosaline at me.
"I'm not." I told him and he gave me a deadly look.
I just shrugged it off and shifted my features to look like Bella.
"I don't look like that." Bella whinned.
"I'm an exact copy. Don't I smell exactly like her?" I asked to no one in particular.
"She does and I'm not putting this on if she's already like that."  Rosalind said dropping the clothes back to where they were.
I was still in my clothing since I couldn't change clothes  just features.
Bella had gotten in the car with Alice and Jasper, they were heading to Phoenix.
Edward, Rosaline, and I went to opposite direction. Trying to lead James astray.
I rubbed Bella's s scent all over the trees.
James  had been following us.
He suddenly got mad and went the opposite way.
"He found out!" I screamed in frustration.
Alice called the same moment he made the decision.
He was going to find a way to get to get to Bella.

Author's note
Another chapter done. Hope you enjoy.
Honestly what are your thoughts.
I want to know.