[Ten: Going Down Memory Lane]

"Memories are all we have from a person."
Chapter 10

Everyone's attention was on us.

Their lost princess has arrived.

Their stares burned on me as Axel took me to the dance floor.

"May I have this dance, princess." Axel  asked in a seductive way.

I giggled and replied with a nod.

We dance to the soft symphony. I rested my head on his chest and just imagined that I wasn't in this castle.

Axel interrupted my daydreaming when he spoke.

"Marie you don't act like the royalty you are."

Looking up at him I replied, " It's because I do not care for such formalities. I believe everyone should be treated properly and not as an underling."

"You'd make a fine Queen with those thoughts." Was all he said as we continued.

Not long after my parents came over to introduce me to people. More like potential suitors. Axel left at their request.

"Mother I do not want to be married. You practically kidnap me and now this."

"Marie you've been unwed for a long time. Don't you think you should find someone? And kidnapping you was the only way to get you here. We've missed you." My mother said with a soft smile.

My response was laughter. "You missed me? If I recall you pushed me to run away and not talk to you because you got my mate killed. So I'm so sorry mother that I left after part of me died." My cold eyes just stared at her.

"We didn't send him out to die he chose it on himself, he thought he was protecting you." My father spoke.

"You couldn't have stopped him! You know how mates are." I silently yell at them.

"We couldn't do anything. It's been years since that happened my dear. There must be another mate for you in time."

"It's been over 900 years that he's died and I've found no one." This conversation was over and I left to my room.

Axel noticing my retreat to my room followed quietly behind.

*Back to Forks, Edward's POV*

I cut my trip short because being worried about Marie was keeping the thoughts of Bella's smell away.

She's only been gone for a day, but I remember her talking about living with her controlling parents. She didn't however say that she was a princess.

Alice has been finding more information from Marie's written journals she's left.

She did contact saying she was safe and needed perfect timing.

"Edward come here, there's an interesting passage in her journal." Alice called from downstairs.

I walked down and read what she found.