[Nineteen: You Care]

"Love is a tricky thing, however it starts by caring for someone."

Chapter 19
*Edward's POV*
Marie looked dead and if she were human she would have been. She told me of what happens when they are injured they sleep it off which is more like hibernation.
My anger was starting to boil. I knew I shouldn't have gone to Bella's house, but I had to go see her.
"It burns." Marie mummered. Pain was all over her features. Tears were sliding down her face.
"Edward I have some blood bags full of her blood. Look for them." Carlisle told me.
"What is that going to do? The venom is just going to attack that new blood."
"Alice take Jasper for a walk. As for the new blood she needs it fight of the venom. Marie has lost so much blood. She left her blood here in case of something like this." Carlisle told me as he gave me a reassuring look.
Alice who was holding Marie's hand, left to keep Jasper from becoming even more thirsty.
I went and looked through the blood that we had, trying to find Marie's blood.
She was moaning in pain and I  could hear her heart stop and start again.
Carlisle was already getting everything set up for the transfusion. He took the blood bags that I had in hand and hung them up. He connected the tubes and inserted the needle into her arm.
"Couldn't I have sucked out the venom?" I asked Carlisle.
"Yes but you would have to bite her where she was originally bit and it's right on her neck. Also she has lost too much blood. Pass me the bandage. I need to wrap her leg."
I nodded in understanding as I passed him the bandage.
"This will take a bit of time. Why don't you go with Alice and Jasper and see if you can get a scent of whoever was attacked her."
I didn't reply I went outside and looked for the scent on my own.
I followed the smell of Marie's blood.
I followed to her original spot all the way to the cliff, but I couldn't get the smell of anyone else.
As I stood by the cliff defeated I thought of what she might have felt.
"You're so strong though how'd you let this happen?' I said out loud to no one.
Sigh.
The conversation that Marie and I had a long time ago got me remembering why this would happen.
*Flashback*
"I'm so drained. I can't run anymore." Marie called out from behind me.
"Aww are you tired? I thought you don't get tired."  I chuckled at her.
"For a matter of fact. I do get tired but that's after I drain my abilities. Like earlier today I was flying around and I was getting money."
"You were stealing, but what does that have to do with anything?"
She flicked my nose and said," Everything has a weakness no matter their strength. Human's it's their bodies and emotions. Vampires it's their need for blood and not being able to come out in the sun and other disadvantages." She looked at me and smirked.
"For Chameleons it's our drainage of magic as I like to call it, the need to sleep when we are gravely injured and our mates. Mates are our greatest weakness and our biggest strengths."  She said as she kicked my leg and begun the run back to the apartment.
*Present Time*
I smiled at the memory as I started running back to the house. Whoever had attacked her clearly wasn't here.
As I was getting there I saw Alice and Jasper rushing back inside. The screams of Marie were ringing out. I to rushed inside.
The sight that behold me was that of a fantasy tv show.
She had enclosed herself in a semi transparent  black shell that look like it were harden smoke that still swirled.
"What happened?"
"The blood was working she was healing, but she started screaming and she did this." Carlisle said motioning to the cocoon.
Her screaming had stopped and it looked as if she had passed out. 
The shell she was in slowly started to fall away.
There she laid. Completely healed as if nothing had happened. Her breathing was still shallow and her heartbeat was slow but steady.
"Marie." Alice called out softly.
Her eyes fluttered open and she took us in.
"I swear I will rip whoever bit me to shreds when I get my hands on him." Her eyes held that as a promise. They shifted from her usually hazel to blood red. Her temper could be felt throughout the room.
She slid to the edge before setting down her feet testing to see if she could hold her weight. She stumbled a bit and I tried to reach out to steady her but she just motioned me away.
"I'm going to rest in Edward's room. Also I need to talk to you." She said as she continued walking out as if nothing had happen but I could tell that something was off.
"Well I'm glad she's okay now. I was scared for her." Alice said truthfully.
"I know but she's strong so I wasn't surprised that she pulled through." Carlisle added in.
I just went after Marie. I wonder what she wants to talk about.
When I reached my door she was already sitting in one of the chairs.
"You care for her." Marie said looking straight at me her blood red eyes still on display.
"Who are you talking about?" I asked playing dumb.
"Bella. That's where you were tonight. I can smell her scent on you." Her eyes narrowed.
"No I don't. I went to see if she was okay. That's all and why are you jealous?"
You shouldn't have said that.
A low snark came out from her as she stalked toward me. She had her power on display even if it was so little to what was actually lurking under that skin of hers.
"Why would I be jealous." Her lips curled in a vicious smile.
"If anything tell her or just let her figure out what you are. Who knows she might be killed if she does. You know how the volturi is with humans knowing about your kind." She let out a low laugh.
"Don't say that." I warned her.
"Well at least it's interesting. Poor heartless little Edward likes someone." She mocked.
"What's gotten into you?" I asked her. This isn't how she is.
"You don't  like when I am piss? You don't like the me that has VAMPIRE VENOM still running through her veins? Do you even know what could have happened if I didn't get away? Do you even know what I'm going through I have someone I think I'm falling for and you think I'm jealous! I'm just so mad!" She screamed at me.
Her words shocked me, I didn't know that this is what she felt.
"Marie I didn't know and I too don't know what's going through my mind. I'm just so curious as to why I can't hear Bella."
"You care, but you don't even see it. You didn't have to save her but you did. You can't even tell you're becoming so protective of her." Every single word was clipped with restant.
Her words hit me and it was true I was protective of her, it wasn't just that I was starting to love her.
"Well I guess this settles it. I'm going to sleep on the couch. I don't want to be anywhere around you." Marie said as she walked away her disappointment made her shoulders sag.
I knew entirely what she was thinking and it was that I had failed her. She showed me her prized wings and I was off in another girls room right after she left.

Author's Note
Another one done. Also I might pick up the story more have little glimpses of days as they past by. Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful day.