[Twenty-two: Date]

"I don't care if someone I'm close to doesn't like you, because all that matters is that I love you."

Chapter 22
I stayed at his house for a while longer as I waited for Jake.
Billy and I just talked about how Sam was doing.
I heard the door open and I looked over to find Jake. He had a big smile on his face.
"So wanna go now or I can also change?" He huffed out.
"Hmm I do love that outfit but you should probably change into something comfortable. But it's all on you." I truthfully told him.
Billy cleared his throat. "Jake why didn't you tell me you were going on a date?" Billy asked him playfully.
"Um I forgot." He said as he ran to his room.
Minutes later he emerged looking comfy.
"Ready?" He asked me as he held out his hand to me.
"Have been for almost the whole day." I said as I took his hand."
"You two have fun and be safe." Billy said as we left.
"So are we walking there or?" I asked.
"We can walk if you want." He said looking at me.
"I'm fine with walking. It's only a what 7,8 minute walk?" I said truthfully.
"Alright I'd like that."
We started walking side by side. Our fingers brushed against each other. A chill ran up my spine. Then Jake put lightly grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.
I looked down at the sight and smiled.
"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked after a while of silence.
"Hm what's your hobby?"
"What is this 20 questions." I laughed.
"Well how else are we going to learn more about each other. Just answer the question." He said as he lightly shoved me with his shoulder.
"Well I light taking long baths, reading, being outside and running. Also learning new things is also fun to do. How about you?"
"Well I like to fix up cars or bikes. But mostly bikes."
The minutes passed like this. We got to know about each other. Well I got to learn alot about him, I told him as much as I could.
The smell of the sea drifter towards me and I exclaimed, "Last one down to the beach has to get into the water."
I let go of his hand and began running, but not as fast as I would but at a human speed.
My backpack was hitting my back and I could hear him chase after me.
"Hey that's not fair! Cheater!" He screamed behind me.
Once we hit the sand I slowed down. I could we that Bella and her friends had gotten there.
Suddenly arms in circles my waist and jacob spun me around. A giggle escaped my mouth.
Once he put me down I saw that Bella was looking at us. A mad expressing was on her face.
Jacob however didn't see, he interlaced his fingers with mine.
We continued walking to the main beach area.
"Hey Bella's here. Wanna go say hi?" He asked me as he finally spotted her.
"Sure." I replied. I expected him to let go of my hand but he didn't.
When we went up to her, she still had the mad face but it was mixed with shock.
"Are you stalking me now?" She said in a wanna be playful sound.
"Well you're on my turf and I'm on a date with Marie." He said as he looked down at me.
He has gotten over her. That was my only thought. That he had finally gotten over Bella.
"Oh date fun." She said as she subtly rolled her eyes.
"Oh she's just upset that her date stood her up." Angela said trying to justify why she was acting this way.
"It wasn't a date I just asked Edward to join us." She said defending herself.
"The Cullens don't come here." I told her without thinking.
She didn't say anything but turned too Jake.
"Hey can I talk to you?" She said and added, "Alone." he looked to me.
"It's fine imma just take a swim." I told him as I took off my coat and shirt so I was in a bikini top that covered most of my torso minus my shoulders. I took off my pants and was left in the swimming shorts that I had put under.
"No you'll frezze." He tried telling me.
"Hey I can handle the cold. So go and talk with your friend. Let me have fun." I reassured him. Bella gave m a dirty look that Jake didn't can't.
As they left I bent down to get my clothes and stuff them in my bag. When I got up I noticed that Bella's friends were gaping at me.
"Um what are you looking at?" I said. I've never liked this group, Jessica was always having negative thoughts and loved to gossip and the two guys loved to check out other girls and think perverted thoughts. Angela was the only good one if I say so myself.
I walked over to the beach again. Setting my bag down in the sand. I tracked towards the water and the wind shifted towards me.
I listened to the conversation that Bella and Jacob were having.
It was just of what I said. But what shocked me was that he told her the legend that the tribe had. I didn't realize I had stepped into the water until it was at my waist.
I floated on my back. This was peaceful and easier to be able to hear them.
I raised my right ear and began to eavesdrop again.
"Are you with her." Bella asked Jake.
"No it we're on a date and it going well. Why do you not like her?" he asked her.
"If I say I don't what are you going to do Jake?" She asked challenging him.
"Well I'll ask why."
"Well I can't form an opinion if I don't know her. What do your dad think about her." She asked.
I looked up and thought I saw her stand as if the question would give her an upper ground.
"Yes he does actually and I'm glad he does cause I'm going to ask her out once we get home." He told her giving her a look of disappointment. I however almost sunk at what I heard.
So I stood up and strode towards my bag.
"Fine Jake have a great rest of the date." She said with a sarcastic tone. I didn't even have to have my type of hearing seeing as she said it loud enough on purpose so I could hear it as well.
She walked past me and gave me a look that read. I know you're no good.
"Well do you wanna head back or...." I didn't let him finish as I hugged him still soaking wet. I knew why he wanted to leave the beach was too crowded.
"I beat you and the bet was last one has to get into the water but this is fine too." I said with a giggle.
"Hey that's not fair. I guess we are going back and you can go in soaking clothes." He said in a playful tone.
That's why I reached in my bag and pulled out a plastic bag, intended for the wet clothes, a towel and a change of clothes.
"We aren't you miss prepared." He scoffed.
I just gave him a grin as I dried myself with my towel. Once dried I tied the towel around my waist.
"Let me change in peace." I told him and he gave me a knowing look and turned around. By this time Bella's friends had started trying to surf and only she was left with Angela.
I shrugged off the shorts being careful not to wet my feet. I put the shorts in the bag and reached for my underwear and pants that I was going to wear. Next was my top. I put my bra over and slid the wet bikini top off. Then I got my shirt and coat.
"You can turn around now." I told Jake as I finished packing all my stuff.
"Okay let's go." He said as he grabbed my hand and my bag and started to pull me along.
I heard a van door slam and I knew it was Bella.
The rest of the way back we walked in silence, just enjoying each other's presence.
When the wind nipped at my neck it cause a shiver, but Jacob took this as an excuse to let go of my hand but to put his arm around my shoulder.
I leaned into his warmth. I knew that I enjoyed this and that I enjoyed him, I was falling for him.
Before we got to his house he stopped and faced me.
"Today was great, right?" He said he had a nervous look on his face.
"Yes it was even if we didn't stay long cause a little someone interrupted us." I hinted to him.
"I'm sorry about that. I didn't think the beach was going to be more populated than usual. Is there any way I can make it up to you?" He asked with pleading eyes.
"Hmm maybe a second date?" I said with a smirk.
"Okay that's a deal then, only under one condition." He said as he reached out and got my hands.
While looking at me he said the words I've been wanting to hear this whole time.
"Only if you'll agree to be my girlfriend." He still had a bit of nervousness in his eyes.
"Of course." I leaned up and kissed his cheek.
"Great." He had a great big goofy smile on his face.
"So for our next date can we just do something nice and chill. Like a movie day at my house? I have a huge screening room." I told him with a smile.
"Alright that sounds like fun." He interlaced his hand into mine and we walked towards his house.
"So I see the date went well." Billy said as we opened the door.
"Yea dad it did but it's getting late and Marie needs to get home." He said trying to hide his blushing face.
"Already trying to get rid of me." I lightly smack his shoulder.
Jake just laughs.
"He's right though I do need to head back home. I'll text you for when it's a good day to have our second date. By Billy." I said as I gave them both a hug and left.
I started my bike and didn't speed like I was earlier.
The butterflies in my stomach haven't settled and I haven't felt this great and happy in years.
When I got home I just stripped off my clothes and took a quick shower. Once I got out I just shrugged on an oversized shirt and went to bed with my happy emotions.

Author's note
This chapter and the one from before have been my longest. Hope you enjoy and where do you think they're relationship is going to head? Also I know I said I'd have up by today (the 18th) and technically I did it's still 11:57 pm in California. Always cutting it close just like my homework that's due at 11:59 😂. Have a goodnight/ day.