[Thirteen: New Friend]

"I'm not one who usually trust strangers, but I feel like I can trust you."
Chapter 13

 The trees broke from my fall and the snow felt like stone beneath me. I landed face down and the crunch of breaking bone was still ringing in my ears. I coughed and the snow below me was covered by my blood. I flopped over to my back. The pain from my wings are still being felt, even if they did disappear. The wounds I sustained would be there when I materialize them again.

The paralysis slowly made its way through my body. Everything soon became numb.

I didn't know how long I laid here as the poison took it's course. I heard the crunching of snow not far from me. Sniffing the air, I couldn't detect any scent. There is only two creature on earth that can mask their smell and it's a chameleon or shape-shifters.

The person crouches down next to me. I finally get a good look at him.

"You poor thing." He says as he looks me over.

"What are you going to do." My voice becomes nothing more than a whisper due to the poison.

"I'll take you to my home so you don't turn to ice out here." He says with a sarcastic voice.

He goes to pick me up but stops. He stumbles a bit as if he were hit with a bus. His eyes going wide.

"What is it?"

"It's... Nothing. You're Marie the princess right?"

"Yes I am." I tell him.

My vision finally going black as I begin to lose consciousness from the hemlock.

"My name's Rhys Thanatos." He says before darkness finally takes me.

*Edward*

I've been pacing back and forth outside for a while now.

Alice saw that Marie's parents had sent out guards to retrieve her at any cost. She saw that Marie was shot down and that was it.

"Argh!" I said as I punch at a tree.

"Edward don't be upset she'll be fine. She has survived worst. She'll be back as soon as she recovers." Alice called out.

I just walk back inside still in my mood.

I'm usually more reserved but when it come to family or someone I care for I becomes like this.

"Alice come to my room if you see anything." I said as I go up to my room.

*Marie*

It's nice and warm. I just want to snuggle closer to the bed. I thought, but the events of what happened come crashing back.

Sitting up fast, slightly wincing at the pain, I take my surroundings in.

The room is dark and warm, a man is sitting at the desk. His back is facing me.

I think for his name remembering he said it.

"Rhys." I called out.