[Twenty-Three: Sunny Day]

"The warmth of the sun feels great on my skin. However this luxury can't last when you are surrounded by the cold. " 

CHAPTER 23

The next morning I was woken up by the sound of birds chirping and the sun streaming through my curtains.

"Well I'm not going to school because I'm not going to sit alone." I huffed out as I rolled over in bed. I just needed an excuse not to go. I called the school to tell them why I wasn't going to be attending today.

I just wanted to stay in bed and sleep all day.

There's a knock at the door and I groaned even louder.

I stomp downstairs still in my sleepwear, ad open the door.

"Hey thought you'd like to hang out today?" Edward said as a greeting.

"Wow no good morning? And what are you even going to do today hunt?" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry, but it's just the sun and me." He said gesturing to his glittering body.

"Still don't understand why you guys sparkle." I said with my hand raised and beckoning for him to come in.

"Just sit. Right now I don't wanna go out." I told him as a laid across the loveseat.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Edward asked first.

"How about the whole Bella situation? I'm not to fond of her." I told him flatly as I played with the look my hands look. Changing them to paws, or adding claws.

"I don't know, she's just so intoxicating and I don't know if I want to sink my teeth into her or protect her." He told me as he leaned back in his seat.

"So what you're telling me is that you like her." I said with tease.

"If that's what it seems like then yes. So how about you? How was your date?" He said lifting his head and raising an eyebrow.

"Well it went great. Bella kept giving me a dirty look and she doesn't approve. Jake also asked me out." I told him a smile crept on my face as I thought of how great it actually went. I knew he could hear my heartbeat skip.

"I see. I'm glad your happy." Edward said sorta flatly.

"Yea, but I'm still nervous"

"Why?"

"The shifter gene is going to activate in Jake and I don't know when it will be." I told him in a small voice.

"Oh right. I can smell one, but don't worry. He'll have you and you'll help him get through it." Edward said as he gave me a serious look that reassured me.

"Thanks, I needed to hear that." I said as I got up.

"Well I'm going to change. Where are we going to go from here." I said as I walked up the stairs.

"Well we were going to hunt today. You can join if you want." He said from the living room.

With that I pulled out workout clothes that can also double as shopping clothes if I just dress it up with my leather jacket. I slipped on my running shoes. All I need was my bag and I was off to meet an inpatient Edward.