Chapter 8

Emily glanced at Barry, she had spoken to Jackie when she got back to their apartment and apparently, she went and spoke to Joe, giving him thousands of apologies for the whole situation, even though it wasn't her fault. Joe actually liked this Wells, he wasn't a huge fan of her father, but the daughter, he liked.

Barry looked at Emily, "Would you stop staring at me like that?"

"Like what?" Emily queried, "I'm doing paperwork."

Joe walked in, making Barry look away, his mood still sour, from being yelled at by him and Jackie the other night, "Here to yell at me again?"

Joe only looked at Barry, "Simon Stagg's head of security was murdered last night. The coroner took some skin samples. Hopefully, they belong to the killer. See if you can find a match."

Barry took the bag, "Can't be a coincidence that Stagg's benefit was attacked last night."

"I'm going to interview Stagg right now."

Barry made a move to follow, "I'll come with you."

"Your job is in here. Stay in here and do it."

Iris walked in, looking at her father and Barry, "Hi, dad."

"Hi, baby." He gave her a kiss on the cheek, "Got to go."

Iris walked in, looking at Emily, who just pointed at Barry, "Why is my dad mad at you?"

"Work stuff." Barry turned around, noticing she had the same angry face, "Why are you mad at me?"

"You were supposed to meet me at jitters to give me some scientific background for my article."

Barry sighs, looking back at what he was doing, "And I didn't show up."

"And now I have to come up with a new article topic in 24 hours or I fail the assignment."

"Iris, I-"

"Don't say that you're sorry. Okay, I know that you are. What I don't know is what is going on with you." Iris grabbed a sugar packet, opening it as she continued to speak, "We grew up one bedroom down from each other. Do you honestly think that I don't know when you're happy? Or sad or depressed or lost? I'm gonna ask you one last time, Barry Allen, and you better be honest with me. What the-" Emily's eyes caught that Barry flashed around Iris, but it was too fast, "-hell is going on with you?" Barry was about to speak when the machine behind him cuts him off, "We are not done talking about this."

Barry looks at the screen, "That's impossible. There was a murder last night. These skin cells belong to the murderer, but these cells are naive. Stem cells that they can replicate and become any cell the body needs. They only come from babies."

Emily scrunched her eyebrows together, "This means the killer is what, a newborn?"

Barry moved over to print the results, "That's impossible." Emily knew why he was repeating 'impossible', they were the impossible meaning whoever the murderer was, it was a metahuman like them.

Iris looked in between the two, "I think I should leave, it looks like you two have your work..."

"No, Iris-"

"It's fine Barry."

Emily looked over at Barry, "You should tell her."

"What?"

"You need to tell Iris that you love her." Emily says, "You need to get it off your chest, so you can finally get over her." Barry remains silent, walking out of the room with the printed copy of the lab results, "Barry!" She followed behind him, "You can't keep avoiding this. If you don't tell her and let go, you'll never find love."