Chapter 15

"I figured out a way to track Captain Cold," Cisco says, walking into the cortex.

Caitlin looks up from her screen, "You gotta stop naming these guys."

"Barry, listen to him."

Barry turns and looks at Jackie, before sighing, "How?"

"The cold gun is powered by an engine control unit, a microcomputer that regulates air-to-fuel ratios so the sub-cooled fluid in the chambers don't overflow and-"

"Explode," Emily says.

"Right. This E.C.U. was receiving updates wirelessly from my tablet. If I boost the signal using Central City's network and send a false update, we'll get a ping back, and then-"

"We can locate Snart." Jackie sighs out, practically cringing at the thought of seeing him,

"How long will it take?"

"First I have to hack into the City's network, so I don't know, 30 minutes, maybe?"

"I can do it in less than one." Felicity says proudly, "When it comes to hacking, I'm the fastest woman alive." She cracked her knuckles, "Ow! That was not as badass as I pictured." Felicity typed at the keys for a couple seconds, "All right, I'm in."

"Are you kidding?"

"All right, I'm sending the updates." Cisco says amazed, "We're connected."

"Network is triangulating the location."

"We got him. He's heading west on Nelson toward the train station."

Dr. Wells looked at the computer screen, "If he's leaving, it appears Mr. Snart may have gotten what he came for."

Barry flashed into his costume, Emily groaned moving to get her, when she suddenly felt dizzy, she grabbed the table, almost collapsing. Cisco moved to her, "Hey are you okay?"

"I don't feel too good..."

Jackie walked over to her, "It's like what Barry had, each power has a side effect." She pulled a flashlight out and pointed it at Emily, watching as she winced back, "Too much light drains her."

"Barry can't go out there alone," Felicity says, looking worried.

Emily holds on the table, "He won't, Jackie will go with him."

"Wait." Jackie's eyes widen, "No, I-"

Dr. Wells looked at his daughter, "You being there might help Mister Allen, your abilities to manipulate the cold will come in handy against Mister Snart."

"I really think-" Cisco tossed her the suit, she moved away, getting in it as fast as possible.

Barry looked over at her, "You ready?"

Jackie sighs, "As I'll ever be."

Cisco claps his hands, "When we put our minds to it, dude, nothing can stop us." Barry moved his hand up to his ear, "Oh, you turned your earpiece off. How are we gonna talk to each other?"

"I don't feel like talking right now." Barry scooped up Jackie and ran out.

Dr. Wells turned in his wheelchair to Cisco, "You made her that suit?"

"Ah... haha..." Cisco scratched the back of his head, "About that-"

"You should go after Barry." Felicity suddenly says, helping her sister lay down.

"You heard him, Felicity. He doesn't want to talk to us."

"Of course, he said that. He's hurt. You're his team and his friends. If I had a nickel for every time The Arrow told me to back off, I would be as rich as Oliver Queen, who I mention because he's the richest person I know, or used to be. The point is, you have your partner's back no matter what."