Meeting My Worst Nightmares (Picture of Belladonna)

Don't be a silent reader vote and tell me what you think!

The soft pitter patter of the rain against my window pane provided a great lullaby for me, but I just couldn't sleep. No matter how many times I twisted and tangled in these baby blue sheets, it was no use. So many questions ran through my mind, unanswered and already answered but it was still a shocker to me. My life seemed like a big lie. I didn't know the truth about anything anymore.

Did my parents leave me because they couldn't handle the fact they were having an inhuman baby (but that would be stupid, they're not humans either right?) or were Simon and Lilly really my best friends or undercover aliens to observe and learn about me (but to be truthful they're not the snooping type), or--no way. I'm just thinking too hard.

I stopped staring at the darkened ceiling and turned on my side facing the large seat window; that is until my stomach rumbled causing my eyes to widen, realization hitting me. I haven't ate in hours, there must be something wrong with me! How could I forget about my food, my precious food.

My legs swung over my bed and landed softly on the carpet almost sinking into it like sand. Man, this house was amazing. Glancing around the dark room, the only light being from the moon that lit the room dimly, I contemplated rather I should stay in my lonely room or go out and find something to eat. I'm sure no one would mind if I got a late night snack right? Nope, they wouldn't.

With that thought in mind, I set off to journey into the unknown, the unknown for right now being this castle as I now called it.

It seemed like I had been traveling for hours as I ventured through what seemed like the tenth hallway. Squeamishly, I caught myself every second or so glancing over my shoulder making sure nothing snuck up behind me.

I'm pretty sure in the day things in the halls would look cool but at night they looked plain creepy. Lightning, that shined through the ceiling windows, created spooky shadows which was the only light that helped me in my quest to find the kitchen. The continuous ineffective venturing through the corridors was beginning to piss me off. Haven't these people heard of hall lights or even night lights? That's it!

Mission 1: To get nightlights to light the endless hallways!

My hope was quickly deflating while my fear was inflating rapidly. Why didn't I think of bringing that lavender portable lamp Mist had shown me, why did I just venture out like this in the dark looming hallways? Now they would probably find my dead corpse during sunrise all because I couldn't find any food to eat and was stupid enough to go exploring a castle at night that I never got toured around!

I took another step on the expensive looking vinyl floor when I heard what sounded like a low, foreboding growl.

My left foot stopped midair. That didn't sound like it came from my stomach, I thought, gulping nervously. I took another step hesitantly and heard the threatening growl again.

Definitely not my stomach. And that's when fear begin to creep up on me. With my eyes flicking to every dark area that could be a potential danger spot, I slowly turned around to the noise almost shivering in fear with my hands raised surrendering.

Well until I saw a snout of a dog. I laughed out loud at my own foolishness. A dog seriously, I could handle dogs, animals love me!

"Come here cutie", I gushed kneeling down motioning with my hands. "I'm not gonna hurt you", I coed.

Another flash of lightning lit the sky, also lighting the hallway. That was when I saw something that knocked the air out of me and sent me falling to the floor landing on my butt, petrified.