Clear Hills

Anxiously my foot tapped the floor. I kept looking at the clock watching as the second hand slowly ticked to the last minute of the day.

Once the last bell rung, I was up like my life depended on it. I was the first one to reach the classroom door and wrenched it open and sped out. Like some higher being just hated me, kids begin to pour out of the classrooms door in waves. So now I was elbowing, gliding, and pushing through the dense wave of people to get to my locker.

Ike probably knew that I wasn't going to listen and I bet he would drag me in his car kicking and screaming, so that is why I am running. I have to beat him to my locker or else there will be no chance at going out with Zane and I really wanted to.

I don't even know why he's being so frustrating. He just doesn't like me to have fun and wants to keep me locked up in the house.

I don't even think Nydale or Aeon liked Zane either but that wad probably because of Ike. After our little argument where everyone learned I was going with Zane on a date, Nydale shook his head at me like I didn't understand something and silently shot looming looks at Zane, while Aeon didn't seem so fun and dandy, like he had been. "I don't like that guy", Aeon had muttered to me when the lunch bell had rung. "Just give him a chance", I had replied walking off. I can guarantee they don't like him because of something Ike had said. He needs to stop being so, so

"Protective", my voice filled in.

And I rolled my eyes. No possessive, like I'm his damn property. . .which he doesn't even want by the way.

Back to the real world, I had just put my stuff in my back pack when I heard Ike yell my name; his voice the loudest noise in the hallway full of students. Turning my head slowly in his direction, and hooking my book bag on my shoulder, I watched him make his way through the crowd. He was about four doors back and the students were making a pathway for him, like he was freaking royalty or something. . .oh wait he was.

Without even giving him a chance to make his way towards me, I smirked proudly flicking him off. Peopled gasped appalled at my insult to Mr. Prince Almighty. I didn't care. "Fuck off Ike, I'm going rather you like it or not", and then I disappeared into the crowd of students, running as fast as my short legs would take me. While I heard a pursuing Ike behind me.

I split a corner and turned my head to see Aeon and Nydale following Ike. Freaking traitors!

Before I had made it to the front doors, I nearly had slammed a teacher into a locker, ran into a opening door, and nearly got kissed on the cheek when I ran in between a couple smooching. But in my defense, they were in the middle of the hallway. Not the side, not in a corner, but the middle of the freaking hallway. What are you doing with your life, I had wanted to scream because they were seriously just being assholes by making out smack dab in the middle of the hallway knowing students were just trying to get out of school safely, like me.

Slamming the front entrances doors open, practically leaping down the stairs, and running the long distance to the gates, I slammed them behind me. The three boys weren't far behind especially Aeon who seemed like he was gaining on me. Zane was leaning on his car waiting for me without a care in a world.

"Zane start the car!" I yelled once I laid eyes on his relaxing figure, my voice echoing in the afternoon air. It felt like I was in that Jurassic Park movie scene when they were yelling to the pilot to start the plane because the T-rex was after them. The only difference now was that instead of the T-rex, it was Ike and his loyal bitches coming for me.

 Zane jumped, turning to me and his eyes grew wider seeing the scene in front of him before he finally came to his senses and hopped in his car.

He backed up and waited for me. Without missing a beat, I dove into his open window and he immediately sped out the parking lot, like we were making a break for it or something. My legs still hung out the door as he accelerated out the parking lot, my skirt no doubt would've flashed everyone showing them my underwear if I didn't have shorts under it. Slowly I made my way into the car, Zane and me both laughing at our grand escape.