21 Guns

Dedication: This chapter is dedicated to one of my lovely readers BloodBath2000.

Don't be a silent reader vote and tell me what you think!

Song: Green day - 21 Guns

"This is so fucking cool! I feel like an astronaut, an actual moon walking astronaut!" Lilly screamed, floating around the ship as I rubbed my temples desperately trying not to dropkick both of them. They were both being obnoxious as they floated around in zero gravity. I, however, was sitting in one of the chairs in the cock pit strapped down so I wouldn't float. At first I had been glad to provide a new experience for my friends but after ten minutes of continuous screaming, I was nearly ready to blow.

I knew my anxiety and frustration weren't all because of them though. I knew some part was because I was returning back to Terra and I was worried about seeing Ike again. A small part of me was ready to throw everything away and stay happy and secure on Earth, but the larger more smarter part knew that me staying on Earth would be more damaging than beneficial. It had not even been a week and I was crawling with nerves to see and touch Ike.

Withdrawals couldn't even describe the feeling that was running through me at the moment. I was on the strongest drug imaginable, it felt like, and the only way the overwhelming feeling could be pacified is by me being to physically feel Ike's touch, his skin on mine, and his warmth wrapped around me.

"It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's Simon bitches!" Simon hollered letting out a weird noise that I can only describe as an animal mating call. I huffed through my nose, rubbing my temples even harder. Every few moments a heart halting burst of pain would shoot directly through my heart. Fist clenched and a deep breath later the agony would disappear. I chided myself on eating Simon's mom spicy chili before I left knowing it gave me horrible heartburn.

With that crippling sensation and two teens yelling like they were out of their minds, I was about ready to blow.

Somehow both Lilly and Simon convinced their parents that they were going on a road trip with a few other kids. Their parents didn't even question it and said yes. Oh how I wish I had that type of freedom to just leave, ya know without having to face repercussions when I got back.

Fire suddenly seared across my cheek causing me to jump in my seat and suck in a sharp gasp. My shaky hand shot up to my cheek feeling for any traces of the intense sensation I just felt a second ago, however smooth skin only met my fingertips.

I glanced back at Simon and Lilly to see they were doing acrobatic flips in the air. Hair and cloths oddly standing, they luckily didn't notice my bizarre actions. For that I sighed in relief. Even though they were annoying the hell out of me, I didn't want to ruin their fun by worrying them. Once again my fingers felt along my skin still feeling the searing pain that had ripped along my cheek. It was weird. I could've swore it felt like someone slashed my cheek.

The worry set in even harder, seeping into my bones until I was hunched over taking deep breaths. Biting my lip and trying to change thinking gears, I glanced at the control panel. Only about another minute till we reached Terra's atmosphere. Anxiously, I began drumming my fingers on my knees as one hand came up running through my unruly hair.

I hadn't bother to brush it or comb it and instead had put it into a sloppy pony tail. It was meant to be a kind of I-don't-care gesture towards seeing Ike again, but as my fingers tangled in a knot I kind of wished I would have put some effort into my attire. Even now, I was dressed in a t-shirt with a chili stain on it from earlier thanks to Lilly who had shoved me while I was scooping up a bite and some black leggings.