The Awakening

Song: Katy Perry - Wide Awake

Things have been relatively different, I must admit. Everything have changed.

For one, Zotar no longer terrorizes me, instead he acts like I'm not even there. I still get death glares but he usually then ignores me and keep his face passive.

Belladonna also ignores me but still throws herself at Ike when I'm around, but it was starting to hurt a lot less.

And I think I've probably changed the most or have just became more improved; a better Avril. The heartbreak was no longer as painful as it felt over the first few weeks and with the second month passing as Ike and Belladonna being the Golden couple, I was finding my heart was becoming stronger. . .maybe colder too. Protective walls now stood around my heart, shielding it from the constant blows inflicted on it  whenever I witnessed a kiss or a touch from the kindred spirits.

Glancing out the window, I laughed to myself thinking back to how I use to be before my heart was broken. I shook my head, almost cringing at how stupid and pathetic I had been. So naive and just plain idiotic, thinking Ike, out of all, people would somehow defy all odds for me, simple Avril. I unknowingly had my heart wide open, no shields to protect it, and fell willingly into Ike's grasp. Just plain stupid.

My reverie stopped as I suddenly sucked in a breath feeling my stomach clench painfully and then unclench. I had been having stomach aches since I woke up this morning. The evening was quickly approaching and the stomach aches still wreaked havoc on my body. I could have easily asked Mist to look at it, but she had went out with a few of her friends earlier. I had never realized Mist had a social life outside the castle, I just always thought...well I don't know really, but I guess she wasn't an ordinary princess. She liked to have fun and liked to rebel against her dad, so of course she would go out with her friends. She said I could join her, but I wanted to have her fun and not hold her back. And plus, I had no clue who Mist surrounded herself with when I wasn't with her. For all I knew Mist could be hanging with girls like...Princess Peach and like I've hinted at before I don't really like Princess Peach characters.

Sighing, holding my stomach as the tremor left I walked along the corridor, thinking to myself. For some reason my mind drifting back to Ike and the silly infatuation I had/ have slightly with him. I couldn't help but laugh again. He was a prince who was on his way to becoming a king and what I was I? Avril. But I'm not even angry or bitter even more at Ike. It wasn't his fault, Selene chose this and the experience made me smarter. I thought that he wanted me just as much as I wanted him. I read the signs wrong and I jumped without someone to catch me. I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses anymore, nor am I on cloud 9 which I had been floating on for too long. I wasn't living in an illusion anymore. The experience made me stronger too. I'm standing firmly on my feet and I'm a stronger Avril because of everything I've been through.

"Hey Charles." I smiled at the only father figure I have ever truly had. The old balding butler smiled at me, leaning against the center counter in the kitchen.

"Avril what would you like to eat?" His curious stormy blue eyes stayed on me as I walked to the black swirling stool I always sat at on in the kitchen when we talked. I made sure I saw him every day and spoke to him about all my problems. Since he was one of the only people apart of the help that actually liked me and socialized with me, I had naturally latched onto him.

"Surprise me." I grinned at him, using the counter as leverage so I could spin myself around in the black stool. He guffawed and with a nod he begin moving around the kitchen while I spun around. 

"How have you been Avril?" Charles asked, his back towards me quickly whipping up something. My spinning stopped and I turned to him.

Giving him a true smile, I answered happily. "Fine actually. . .but my stomach has been bothering me", I added, feeling the ache rear its ugly head again. At his question my spinning had came to a halt and I was now rubbing my stomach wishing this pain would go away. Right my stomach was this unsettling mixture between feeling like I wanted to throw up and having cramps. I could honestly say I had never felt this feeling before.