Jailbird

Song: Pink - Fucking Perfect

"And then I was unfairly arrested," I cried feeling hot tears slide down my face as I stared up at the dull, dead gray ceiling with wobbly lips.

"It's definitely not fair toots." A drag queen name Candy nodded at me understandingly. Leaning against the bed looking up at me and her face placed in her hand, she frowned seeing my hopeless expression.

"Why does bad stuff always happen to me? Nothing good happens," I sniffed, feeling more tears fall down finishing telling her my whole life story basically. It felt like I had hit rock bottom. . .again.

"Pumpkin, what'you crying like that for?" Candy pursed her lips, eyebrows furrowing.

"Because life sucks." Wasn't it obvious?

"It does." She nodded, pushing a few blonde strands of hair out her or his face. I didn't really know what to label her as. "But stop looking at your cup half empty and start looking at it half full."

I sat up, staring down at her and wondering why she was taking this so lightly. "How could you say that? Look at us!" I motioned around to the small confined cell. Spider webs were hung and layered in every corner, the cell bars glowed a threatening red prohibiting us from using our powers, and the bed I was laying on didn't even have a blanket and was lumpy and stunk. We were in a jail that was efficiently hi-tech but the cells were like dungeons.

"My life is on this constant battle and every time I rise, I fall." I blubbered.

Candy shook her head. "Look at me honey, instead of blubbering about the wrongs you face you need to focus on the positive. You don't even want to know what I have to do to make a living in the Sacs." A hand went up, flipping Candy's hair out of her face again.

I wiped my nose on my sleeve not believing I was talking to someone from the Sacs. I was making it sound like I was awed by the fact, but I was just surprise. Being around Royals who detested the Sacs civilians, you begin to believe that you will never meet one. "You live in the Sacs?"

"Yeah, and it's not fun." She waggled her finger. She was a skinny woman/man, dressed in a skimpy skin tight orange dress. Makeup was powered heavily on her face, but I didn't care. She was nice and at at this moment I really needed a friend or someone to talk to.

I cut her off. "Then why don't you guys just let the Royals help you guys?" I questioned my voice still trembling with unshed tears. My entire head felt full from crying so much and it hurt to swallow because my throat was so dry. Every now and then I would tremble for a few seconds with goosebumps, but I was starting to think that was the after effects of being tasered like I was.

"Like you just witnessed Royals are definitely unfair. Princess Belladonna didn't get arrested because she's a royal and you did because you're a commoner." She pointed out, pursing her lips with detest. "We don't want their help. They'll take away our freedom, joy, and happiness for what? So our life can be a little bit better? In the sacs we get to do what we want, we don't have to follow their uptight rules like not dying our hair or paying taxes," her slightly crooked nose crinkled up in distaste when she talked about them, bitterness in her voice.

I didn't reply instead I looked up at the cracking ceiling, placing my hands on my stomach and sniffing once more. All my pent anger had been replaced now with sadness. How did my life get so screwed up?

"I feel so weak," I admitted after a long moment in silence, deciding to just get out what I had been feeling for a while now.

At the time Candy had been staring at tiny spider scurrying across the ground, but at my words she looked up at me and shrugged."Me too at times, but then I realize I'm just Nobellian. I'm not perfect and I know I make mistakes. I'm allowed to feel weak at times, hell I can't be strong and unaffected all the time. I'm also not a robot which gives me a reason to not be emotionless and act like I'm never phased. . .but from what you told me I can see where you're coming from. Darling, you deserve a chance to cry. Belladonna is a straight bitch. "I would beat her ass...oh you already did never mind."She waggled her finger at me sassily and I laughed through my dull mood.