Wasn't Expecting This

Don't be a silent reader vote and tell me what you think!

Song: Kelly Clarkson - Cry

********

A joyful buzz began to build in the ship as the manor's roof began to open. It hummed all around me making my wariness of what to come lessen. Everything would be alright, I thought as I glanced around at the Nobellians.

"I'm finally home!" One man shrieked joyfully, hugging the woman next to him. He pulled back and tears of joy slid down his face. The woman wiped it giving him a wobbly smile of her own.

Another woman yelled."Thank Selene! Thank her, thank her!" She pulled out a necklace with a pendent on it and kissed the pendent.

I watched as smiles lit everyone's face. I was truly happy that at least other people got a happy ending.

"Thank-you princess!" An old woman grabbed my hand. Her hair was a stringy gray; her face like my father's was also lifeless except for her eyes-they were a brilliant brown. I suspected she had been used as the Dynoat's energy source too.

I smiled gently at her gripping her shaking hand tighter. "You do not have to thank me," I answered truthfully. I repeated it again when they all began yelling their praises. "My friends Kaiya, Mist, and Zeal helped too." They began throwing praises to the girls too. Kaiya smirked while Mist and Zeal looked flustered.

The ship landed gently in its designated spot. The door opened, and without  a second to lose, people rushed out the room. "Did you see their faces, they looked so happy. I'm glad..." I suddenly stopped hearing screams of terror and distraught. Mist, Kaiya, Zeal's and my eyes all locked onto each other wide and alarmed. I was the first one out.

Immediately, a hand grabbed my arm, nearly pulling it out the socket. The next moves happened so quickly I was barely able to comprehend it. Somehow I ended up face down on the hard garage floor with a grunt. Three consecutive grunts alerted me that my friends had suffered the same treatment. Pain erupted in my face and my arm as a foot was placed on my back intensifying the pain.

"Get your foot off of her!" Ike's angered voice thundered the room. The cries and the struggles of the Nobellians stopped all as once. Immediately the foot was removed and I was pulled up. My jaw ached, and hair hung in my face disheveled as I let out heavy breaths. The mask was ripped from my face and the lights of the garage were flipped on. Things happened so fast, I never even realized they were off.

My eyes immediately connected with a pair of violet eyes that burned me on the spot. The look I saw on his face made my heart squeeze painfully.

"Take those people into custody." Ike ordered never once removing his dark stare from my paralyzed figure. I broke away from Ike's glare and watched as the Nobellians who had just been screaming for joy a second ago, were now being dragged away by men dressed in black. Their faces no longer resembled a child on Christmas day but a man's face going to prison.

They started to pull Kaiya and Zeal with them. "Hey let me go!" Kaiya struggled wildly against her assailants. She let out a sudden scream as one of them touched her. Her body quivered, and she fell limply, her head rolling down.

"Hey! Leave them alone!" I screamed watching my unresponsive friends. 'It's not their faults!" I admitted as I watched Zeal and an unconscious Kaiya get dragged out.

"They're guilty by association. You're in so much trouble." Another voice growled out. It was dark and brooding. Zotar's.

I looked up and he wasn't looking at me but instead Mist who was trying to put on a hard face but I could see her crumpling. "Take her in too," Zotar instructed, eyes narrowing dangerously. Like the rest of them she was dragged out. Zotar's eyes followed her until she fully disappeared behind the doors. Once she was gone, his eyes flashed to me. I cringed back, his eyes black and void of any sympathy. They reminded me of the day he attacked me in his office, and I hated reliving that memory of when he smacked me around like a rag doll.