My Hero

Song: Enrique Iglesias-Hero

Avril", I heard a smooth, velvety voice. The voice was deep and sounded panicked and angered at the same time. I thrashed some more at my invisible bonds but quickly gave up knowing there was no way I was going to break away.  Looking up, I saw Ike's crouching, approaching figure.

"What are you doing?" He asked lowly, still coming towards me while staying crouched low to the ground.

I had not wanted to talk to him today after he had insulted me earlier. So imagine how I felt when my lip wobbled and I swallowed another sob trying not to let him see me crying.

I felt like a weakling.

I hated feeling weak!

And he always had to catch me when I was crying! His timing was always off.

"Avril?" He asked again but then suddenly stopped a foot away from, falling into a sitting position. The force of air that repeatedly continued to curl around me had pushed him down while keeping it's hold on me. He looked at me oddly not understanding what was going on, before realization took over his features. His jaw set and his fist clenched.

As in for me, tears just continued to slide down my matted face, dropping onto my dirt crusted shirt. His eyes followed that tear and then glanced back up to my face. Something unsettling flickered in his eyes. Slowly, almost hypnotizingly, purple begin to spread across his irises skipping the dark blue phase completely. Turning the sea green eyes into infuriated indigo eyes all the while glowing brightly.

His breathing begin to get shallower as his eyes glazed over. Them taking on a far away stare. The air around me suddenly became more humid and a fog slowly begin to descend across the battle field despite the sunny sky. The firing of the elements suddenly stopped and Ike closed his eyes.

The wind's fingers left my body and my shoulders slumped in relief. As Ike opened his eyes screaming and yelling from boys and girls were heard before the splashing of water engulfed them all creating a silence in the air.

The whistle blew, echoing through the still air. "And that's the game!" Mr. Malec's voice could be heard through the dense fog.

Ike ignored him and studied me. His violet eyes leisurely scanned my people, seeming to be checking for injuries.

"Are you hurt?"

Nodding mutely, I raised my hand slowly. It was shaking slightly probably from all the nerves. Ike gently grabbed my hand, a ticklish sensation exploding from where he touched it and he studied it for a few seconds worriedly. Then sighing deeply, he glanced back up at me. I peered up at Ike from under my unruly hair and he smiled softly at me making him looked ten times hotter. When he flashed that smile, his one dimple on display, he could melt any girl's heart almost instantly.

 His eyes were slowly changing back to it's blue-green hue. "It's not that bad now. Stop shaking so bad Avril, it's okay I got you now. Can you stand?"

I nodded my head and slowly and stiffly tried to stand up.

Oh shit, I'm going down!

 My legs felt so weak and numb and without feeling sturdy, I collapsed, falling into Ike's arms like a limp noodle. He held me tight, picking me up like a china doll- careful and delicately.

Not caring about what happened earlier between me and Ike, I snuggled into his neck, breathing in his scent and feeling a sense of comfort and security. Strangely he smelled just like a crackling camp fire and oranges mixed into one. Even odder it smelt right on him,