To the Stars We'll Go

Don't be a silent reader vote and tell me what you think!

Song: Far East Movement - Rocketeer

"Are you okay Av?" Mist walked in as I hit the punching bag with all my force trying to push these overwhelming feelings away. The past few days they had slowly crept up on me, ticking at me like small little pests, until they became so overwhelming that everything I did was clouded by these feelings.

I ignored her, my punches raining down on the bag until I couldn't take it anymore and screamed completely giving up and falling to the ground cradling my head in my hands.

"Are you okay Avril", Mist worried voice filled my ears as one of her hands was placed on my back.
"What''s wrong?"

Mutely, I shook my head taking a deep breath and clenching my teeth. "Mist." I groaned feeling my stomach aching more so than it did yesterday.

"What is it Av!"

"I can't take it anymore. I'm dying it feels like." I told her in a few choppy breaths. Throwing myself on the mats, I put an arm over my face, sighing dramatically.

"What wrong?" She asked looking at me with wide worried eyes. "You're seriously starting to freak me out!"

I finally looked up at her frowning. "I want Ike." I whined, knowing I sounded like a five-year old who was just told they couldn't have that new shiny toy.

"Then go to him..." She replied in a 'duh' tone.

I frowned even harder.

"No Mist, I mean I...." I drifted off motioning with my hands. Hopefully she would get it so I wouldn't have to spell it out to her. That would be too embarrassing.

Eyes growing bigger with realization as she got what I said, a smile slowly slipped onto her face. "The bond is getting stronger...you're horny!" She laughed at my irony covering her mouth with her hand. Her worry was gone, now replaced with excitement and glee. I, however, did not feel neither of those.

I gave her a flat look for saying it so bluntly. "Shut up Mist!" I hissed, eyes darting around making sure no one heard, even though we were all alone in the room. It had been about a week in a half since I had mastered lighting with Ike in the field. And for some reason, I've had this feeling he's been trying to avoid me and I had no idea why. It was me usually trying to avoid him but now he has been avoiding me and the thought kind of hurt even though I had been perfectly content on doing that to him.

She swung her white dress around cheerfully. It swayed in the air before dropping back to her legs. "The only way it can be relieved is if you and Ike conjoin" She sung like she was in some Disney movie.

"Not happening." Thinking about Ike, I begin to frown. "He's avoiding me Mist actually."

The smile that had been on her face vanished as she stared at me. Looking away, a thoughtful expression took over her face. "Maybe he's feeling the bond growing stronger too", she noted.

A comfortable silence grew in the air as we both thought about her answer, before I finally spoke up. Tone irate and annoyed. "Well it doesn't seem like it."

Ike's P.O.V

"Hey man, how you doing?" Aeon walked into my bedroom followed by Nydale. I frowned at them, taking a deep breath.

"Not so good." I answered, turning away from the window I was sitting by and turning to them. Their carefree expressions dulled seeing my tired one.

"The bond?" Nydale guessed, a small smile on his face as he tried not to laugh.

My eyes narrowed at them as they both looked like they were ready to start laughing at my expense.