The Golden Ball Part 2

I love this chapter, I really do. I hope you guys do too. Hey, that rhymed!

Taylor Swift- Enchanted

Ike begin to descend down the grand stairs with Belladonna close to his side, smiling like she was in a pageant show. I swallowed. They didn't even look like they were touching the stairs as they glided down. They did it so well. Elegant and mastered. How do you even master going down the stairs? I always thought you mastered it when you could go down without falling and face planting, but what I was looking at now, I knew I had been wrong.

The upbeat feeling I had had a second ago seemed to evaporate watching them come down. They looked like the power couple. Every time they stepped down a stair, I felt my shoulders drooping inch by inch. The truth hitting me hard.

Belladonna is a princess and has been for her whole life, how could I measure up to that? While I was in another world pranking adults she was carefully studying the etiquette of being a proper princess. I swallowed, my throat feeling like sandpaper. How could I possibly become the Golden Princess if I didn't have any skills at being a princess while my biggest enemy, I glanced around, and everyone else had been practicing how to be a princess since they were in diapers?

Before I had time to answer that, Ike reached the bottom of the stairs stopping and looking around expectantly. He slowly rose one of his eyebrows looking so damn sexy. Before I even had time to blink, an uproar started immediately answering my question of why he had looked like he was bracing himself. All at once, girls start elbowing and shoving to get to Ike first, while I was thrown and pushed along not expecting the girls to go crazy . They crowded around him like obsessed fan girls and he completely disappeared from my view. I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding. My side hurt because one girl had jammed her elbow into it trying to reach Ike and in the chaos, I hadn't been able to see who did it and show them a piece of my mind. And some bitch had stepped on my foot. I watched as they screamed and tried to get his attention, he was probably in the middle of the circle but I had no clue.

With my eyes narrowed in determination, I pushed up my non existent sleeves. I was going to get to Ike. Charging forward, I slammed into the dome of girls and was immediately pushed away by hands that seemed to come out of no where in the circle. Damn.

I stumbled backward, tripping on my own dress. As I fell, someone's arms swooped under me catching before I broke my tail bone. A little peeved these bitches pushed me like that, I glared up at my savior with a irritated look on my face.

Ingel looked at me warily, "tough crowd eh?'. I nodded, Ingel helping me to my feet again. Brushing off my dress, I shook my head. Unbelieving that those prissy bitches had just pushed me like that. They used teamwork even though they were all against each other. "Just cool off, let's go to the bar", I nodded in agreement, sighing defeated. He was right, throwing a fit tonight would do me no good, so together we walked.

* * * * *

Slowly I turned around, teeth clenched, and took another swig of my drink. I would've been so drunk if I was drinking alcohol. Ingel looked at me worried, "are you okay".

"Just peachy", I sarcastically said, taking a sip of my drink. Turning back around, I looked at the ballroom floor. Ike was situated in the middle now dancing with a ebony skin toned girl. I hate to admit it but she was pretty. "Ugh", I turned back around and took another sip, my shoulders stiff and tense. "Give me another drink", I hissed at a bartender in a navy blue, wrinkle free, suit. He nodded and in lighting speed, another red colored drink was placed in front of me. It wasn't alcohol but it wasn't juice either. It was like a mixture, although I didn't feel relatively drunk at all just more relax.