This is Still Not My Home

"You're awake."

A slow smile appeared on Ike's face, highlighting his one cute endearing dimple. I blinked a few times, taking everything in. My mom had wanted to tell me something important I knew, but I had abruptly woke up ending our communication. Damn, I didn't even get her name. We spent all that time together and I didn't even get one of the most important parts of her identity, her name!

Looking up at Ike in a daze, I followed where his attention was focused and looked down. Laying directly above the valley of my chest, sat my necklace. The gem in the middle of the star pendent was burning brightly. Illuminated colors twirled harmoniously in the transparent, amber gem. The gem splayed our faces in a dim light. Quickly, my eyes flickered back up to Ike to see he was looking at my necklace and then back at me repeatedly, as if he didn't know which one to focus on.

Squinting, I noticed a cut above Ike's eye. Alarm and worriedness bombarded me. "What happened to your eye?" I exclaimed, sounding like a panicked girlfriend. Mentally, I kicked myself. One visit with your mom and you lose all the self-control you had built over the few weeks!

His hand traced the cut carefully and then gave a noncommittal shrug."It happened when you threw me..."

"When did I throw you!" I exclaimed shocked, eyes widening at his words. I would remember if I had threw him. I've been wanting to do it for a while now. . .so I wouldn't just forget that amazing triumph.

"Seconds before you woke up...but who cares about that, I'm fine don't worry about it. I'm just glad you're finally awake, Av." He smiled again, looking at me like I would disappear if he blinked.

"Stop staring at me like that!" I snapped, not liking the intense look he was giving me. Self-control is key, good job Avril, I patted myself. I would not ever allow him to worm his way back into my heart again. Hell would have to freeze over twice before that happened, so I didn't want to see him looking at me like he actually cared.

Before I could grasp what was happening, his arms were wrapped around me in a warm tight embrace. The sense of protection and security hit me like a tidal wave. And losing my control for a second, I allowed myself to indulged into the feeling closing my eyes and breathing softly.

"Do you know how worried I was about you? Avril, don't ever do that again. Selene, you make me feel..."

The door burst open causing Ike to quickly push away from me. The abrupt action made me feel like someone had hit me in the stomach. Oh right, he didn't want me. Self-control back up and stronger than ever.

Heads popped in the doorway and for the first time I noticed how bad this room looked. Broken glass was scattered all over the floor making the floor almost glitter. The ceiling lights were shattered, chairs were flipped and the nurse's desk were placed awkwardly almost as if someone had literally picked them up and threw them. Two nurses were slowly pulling themselves up on the side and everyone outside of the door rushed into the room.

Mist literally grabbed Ike by the collar and pushed him out the way not even seeming to notice the state of the room. "Oh my gosh Avril you're awake!" Mist hugged me in a bone crushing hug. "Don't you ever do that to me again! I was so scared and worried..." Ingel pushed Mist out the way, causing her to stumble and trip onto an empty bed.

"Ingel!" She screamed angrily but he ignored her, instead beaming at me while I smiled at him slightly. "Finally, sleeping beauty has awakened." He grinned at me, eyes flickering to my necklace that was glowing.

"Your necklace, it's glowing. Why is you're necklace doing that?"

I shrugged, not knowing but thinking about my mom. In the story she had told me, she said she had kissed the necklace and stored some of her magic in it. Could that mean that now since I had awakened, I could now use the powers in the necklace. I should've asked her more questions while I had the chance. Thinking of my mom, I frowned but pushed the overwhelming feeling of sadness away. She said we would meet again and I would just have to hope for that and not dwell on the 'what if's'.