Slow Dancing in a Burning Room.

Song: John Mayer - Slow Dancing in a Burning Room

I think this song to the right really describes Ike's feelings. Even though, I'm not writing in his P.O.V, it'll just give you an insight on how he's feeling about the whole situation even if he has been distant. The song just exemplifies how their relationship is going. Which is obviously not good, but just listen to the lyrics and you'll get exactly what he thinks. Especially at the beginning and middle of the song, the ending . . . eh?

"This was a good idea", I smiled at Ingel, striking the punching bag in front of me. He nodded returning the smile." Glad you think so."

We were both currently in their fighting room, which is the same room Ike and I use to work with our combat in. A sense of sadness invaded me at the realization that I would no longer being doing anything that close to Ike anymore, but I pushed it away, by striking the bag. Whatever, who cares. I surely don't, I told myself, realizing I had punched way more harder that time.

I was dressed in my typical work out clothes which was black shorts and a tank, while Ingel was shirtless with only boxing shorts on.

"Guess what Av?" Ingel's voice sounded the most happiest I have ever heard, so he had me instantly stopping my hitting and brooding and turning to see what the news was .

"I think I found my kindred spirit."

My eyes widened, mouth dropping in surprise. I couldn't help but smile elated at the news. "When? Where? Who!" I blasted him with questions. Glad that at least one of our love lives was okay.

"At the ball. We locked eyes and I felt the pull. Although I really don't know if she's my kindred spirit because she hasn't awakened and we didn't kiss. . .I'm about 95% sure she is", he beamed at me, his boyish grin taking over his face.

I ruffled his brown hair happily and he chuckled. "Look at my little bro", he cringed at me saying 'bro'. I ignored it. "Where is she at now? What's going to happen between you guys?" My melancholy mood as in right now was gone considering I was feeding off of Ingel's joy.

His smile dropped when I asked the question. Immediately I stopped smiling, sensing I had said something wrong. He rubbed the back of his neck solemnly looking down. "She uh vanished that night. And I don't know where she is or she lives. We talked and she gave me her number, but it was a fake. I can't find her. I don't even have her real name."

I frowned not knowing what say to that shocking news. I thought having a kindred spirit was the best thing to happen for Nobellians. "Why would she give you a fake number if you're kindred spirits?"

He frowned sadly, shrugging, but then looked up at me. "But I could feel her emotions Av. I knew she liked me just as much as I liked her. I could feel them", he looked at the ceiling angrily and then sighed defeated. "I just don't know why she didn't want me . . ."

"Hey, hey, hey", I shoved him, stopping his solemn rant. "You are a catch. You're cute and you're sweet and you could give her the world. Don't jump to conclusions, maybe it's like a Cinderella story."

He looked at me perplexed. "Cinderella story? I'm sorry I never read that."

Oh right, he didn't live on Earth. He may have know a lot about it but he didn't know that much I guess. "There could be outside forces messing with her thinking", I provided a reason. He nodded unconvinced and turned back to the punching bag. Ingel still looked sad and pitiful.

I sighed, opening my mouth. "You just don't know Ingel."

The hitting of the bag stopped and he turned to me, a slight expression of worry on his face. "What happens if she isn't my kindred though and I'm just in over my head. We all thought you and Ike were kindred spirits and we were wrong."