Moments

Amazing picture to the right of Avril's many sides. >>>>>>>>

I plopped into the swirling, black freckled counter seat and rested my head on my hand, groaning. I'm was so freaking tired. I didn't want to go to sleep last night because of the nightmare I had and I couldn't take it happening again. My parents had been so close, just a finger tip away,  yet so freaking far. The thought nearly gave me shivers.

Glancing to my left, I saw a butler looking at me expectantly. He looked kinda old. Peppered hair that was graying by the second and dull blue eyes rimmed with wrinkles that looked like they had seen a lot in their lifetime.

Normally, I would snap rudely at him saying what I wanted. But to be truthful, I'm just tired of being bitchy to the house workers. Maybe my conscience was right. It wasn't there fault I'm in this situation.

"Maybe I'm right? Hell, I am right!" My conscience chuckled smugly.

I groaned even louder.

"Oh and that was really rude last night, pushing me away like that", I could imagine it looking at its imaginary finger nails while it nagged at me. I can't believe this, am I really personifying my conscience? I have officially hit rock bottom.

"Pshhh you hit rock bottom last week."

Trying to ignore it, I smiled at the butler guy deciding to turn a new leaf. "Hey", I smiled at him. He looked at me peculiarly, like I would attack him at any second.

I brought this on myself.

"You surely did, maybe if you would've listened to me about manners before, we wouldn't have this problem now. Just for being rude yesterday I'm gonna annoy the hell out of you today. Who's rude now?"

To be truthful I think I actually felt my left eye twitch. "Hello", the butler said slowly, walking towards the fridge which was right next to me cautiously.

Shooting him a friendly smile, I tried to put the nice facade on "I don't bite", I pointed to my teeth. "See no vampire teeth sticking out here".

"Lame", my voice laughed.

Just leave me alone! I hissed.

"No!"

He nodded, guffawing. "Okay well what's your name", I cocked my head curiously.

"Er Charles."

"Charles?"

He nodded gently at me."Yes, Charles."

I cocked a smile. "Well Charles that's the most normal sounding voice I've heard in a very long time and for that, that makes you awesome!" I laughed. And it really was. Everyone on this planet had weird names that were hard to pronounce and at times it really got to me and annoyed me. So imagine how I felt when a heard the freaking simple name: Charles. On top of the world.

A tiny smile lit his face as he turned towards the fridge, trying to hide it but I had already saw it. "Well what would you like Miss. Bright?"

I rolled my eyes, luckily he didn't see. "Please call me Avril, all that Miss and Mrs stuff is just irritating."

He laughed "well okay then."

My mood lifted, just talking him made me feel happier. "Uh anything that's easy for you."

"Turning a new leaf Miss. Avril?"

I decided not to nag at him about the Miss. thing and nodded, grinning a little. "Yeah, how can you tell?"