Swimming Lessons

Don't be a silent reader vote and tell me what you think!

Ike and I both walked out to the pool that just only earlier I had almost drowned in. We walked in complete silence both too stuck inside our own thoughts to really care about the awkwardness surrounding us.

The sun wasn't as high as it was a few hours ago and the temperature had dropped slightly, however it was still warm enough to go swimming.

When we got there, I whipped off my pattern towel, setting it down on one of the red pool chairs and begin to cautiously walk to the steps of the pool. Stopping at the first step, I turned around Ike. 

"Do you want me to-", I paused, watching Ike scan me hungrily from head to toe. His eyes slowly slipped to a dark blue hue and then into his signature violet. Want and desire swirling in them. Like a thirsty man needing water.

Oh no buddy. We are not going to be doing this damn roller coaster shit just so I can be rejected again.

And even though I told myself that, I couldn't help but thrive silently, feeling a small confidence booster, liking that I could get that effect out of him.

"Ike!" I snapped my fingers, chanting in my head adapt, adapt, adapt. I couldn't let him get to me, no matter how much I wanted to run into his arms. Clearing my throat, putting on my best indifferent face, I glared at him. "Stop looking at me like a piece of meat and show me how to swim", I told him in a bitchy tone, spinning around, my hair spinning with me and taking tentative steps into the pool. The water was cold and I gasped feeling the chillness hit my skin.

I heard Ike move from behind and I made sure I kept my back to him. All of sudden, he dived into the aqua colored pool catching me by surprise. I screamed turning away from the water, not wanting it to get in my face. However, it still got to me. The cold droplets splattered me and it was now all over me!

I huffed through my nose, pushing my anger down.

Fucking bastard.

I turned around, eyes shut feeling the water race down my face. "Ike you-ahh", I let out a loud alarmed scream. Feeling his strong arms wrap around me, trapping my arms against his hard chest and pulled me under.

Instinct took over and I kept my eyes shut and stopped breathing in air as we plunged under the surface.  The water swallowed us whole with its coolness rushing against our skin. We came back up and I dramatically sucked in a lungful of air, still with my eyes shut, feeling the water crawl down my face. Angrily, I gripped one arm around Ike, making sure I didn't fall into the water. With the other, I punched him in the stomach and quickly wiped my wet eyes.

He grunted in pain from the quick blow and then looked at me with his eyes bugged out. "What the hell!?"

I was surprise when I didn't detect any anger in his words instead just surprise and a little bit of pain. And I was also surprise when he didn't go all like "what the hell, do you know who you just hit? A freaking prince!" Because you guys know, he would say that.

Uppity jerk.

"You dunked me!" I yelled, while he continued to look at me like I was the one who had lost my mind. Part of my hair was matted to my face while the other half was currently sticking to my back and some dripping down my shoulder.

He smirked in reply, ticking me the hell off. What was with him smirking today when he was being an ass and I was angry?

"You think this is funny?" I aimed to strike him in the stomach again, but he grabbed my hand and lifted me off of him in one swift motion. Immediately, I reached out for the only thing that would keep me from sinking, since some how, I realized, we were now smack dab in the center of the pool. Instead of bitching at him some more, I looked around apprehensively.