The Beginning of Awakening (Pic of Kaiya)

"So what's up doc?" I asked, walking into the nurse's office the next day without knocking. The smell of disinfectant was in the air as Miss.Venette cared to a thin, lanky looking student.

"Care to knock?" Her voice held no humor as she rubbed her thumbs along the boy's arm. He winced slightly but other then that made no movement, just continued to watch our exchange.

Who put a stick up her ass, I briefly wondered. Opening my mouth to say that out loud, she rudely (if I might say) cut me off.

"Saying those things are not aloud and you could get in trouble for it."

"I didn't say it, I thought it", I replied matter of factly, walking to one of the clinic beds and gently sitting down on it.

Miss.Venette didn't respond deciding not to continue with our immature banter and tended to her patient. It looked like he had a severe burn, the burn took up almost his whole forearm. "How did this happen Maxell?"

"Combat, Battle, and Magic class", he replied, resulting in her face morphing into one of irritation.

"God dammit", she muttered hotly under her breath.

I gasped. "Miss. Venette said a bad word", I whined acting like a kid, while childishly pointing.

"Avril!"

Her clipped tone made me stop dead in the act and frown. I guess the nice lady from before was just an act.

"No it's not. I'm just angry. It seems like more and more students are coming to me with injuries because of that class. I told Mr. Malec to lay off on the training." A white glow illuminated from her hand and over the boys arm, shadowing the burn. She placed her hand on the spot and the burn slowly begin to fade, shrinking into the middle of the burn, until the burn had completely disappeared and the boy's skin was now back to it's pale hue.

Closing her eyes for a moment and taking a deep breath, she reopened them smiling at the boy. "Ok sweetie all done", she stood to her full height, twisting her wrist and walked back over to her desk, heels clicking against the floor. "Don't forget to use the hand scanner and please tell that stubborn teacher that Miss. Venette said lay off ", she emphasized.

He nodded, hoping up off the stool he was sitting on and gaited to the door, smiling at Miss. Venette. "Sure thing." The door closed with a click and I stopped looking at where the boy had just left at and instead turned to the nurse. "So you said come back to you the next day?" I asked, stretching out my legs, looking at the cool shoes I had stole out of Mist's closet this morning.

While she was in her bathroom taking a shower, her high soprano voice filling her room as she sung, I had sneakily tiptoed into her room and into her closet. It was like shoe paradise in there. The shoes I were wearing resembled converse, except they were a sparkly silver, that had cool designs going across the sides that whirled up into a heart at the tip of the shoe.

"Oh yes", she opened up one of her drawers, retrieving a light green folder and took out a piece of paper.

Her eyes quickly scanned the paper, making sure it was in fact the right paper. "Okay so you're starting to awaken-", she stopped suddenly furrowing her eyebrows seeming perplexed at something that was written down on the white paper.

"What does it say?" I questioned, darting up off the bed and racing over to her side. When I tried to read over her shoulder, she moved the paper out of my grasp. "I-", she shook her head, "sorry there's just something I'm not understanding but it's probably nothin.g" Nodding her head indifferently, she smiled at me.

"Probably nothing. . .that's what they said to my adopted Aunt Terry and it turned out she had a tumor the size of a walnut growing in her foot", I pointed out, squinting my eyes suspiciously. It turned out the tumor was cancer. . . See this is why doctors are unreliable. You need the big bucks to get the good ones and clearly a damn school nurse was not-