Chapter Eight: The Date

(Ha ha that rhymes ^^^)
Charolette and I spent the rest of the day looking for an outfit for my date with Life. We finally settled on a knee length coral dress with a gold belt. Along with some gold earrings and headband.
When we got back to the hotel it was about six o-clock.
"I'm hungry." I complained to Charolette for about the millionth time.
"Well, then, have an apple."
"Fine." I walked over to the fridge and took out a bright red apple. I took a huge bite out of it.
"Come on." Charolette said, getting impatient, "We need to get you ready for your date!" She said, squealing with delight.
"Fine. Pass me the dress."
I hate dresses. Although there are a few exceptions, like the one I wore this morning. By that was comfortable, all the other ones are itchy. I took off the sundress and pulled the pink one over my head, zipping it up in the back.
"Oh Cassie." Charolette gasped. "You look stunning."
"Dumbo, my hair is a rats nest."
"But still! I wish I looked like you Cass!" Charolette said, she obviously began to daydream.
"Snap out of it!" I said, snapping my fingers in her face, "You need to help me do my hair!"
"Oh! Sorry!" She said, coming out of her trance, "How about a French braid?"
"Don't know what that is but sounds good!" I know NOTHING about hair or makeup I typically wear my hair in a ponytail or side braid.
I watched in the mirror as Charolette's quick and nimble fingers wove my hair over and under creating a beautiful braid.
"Done!" She cried out victoriously. She placed the gold headband in my hair and just sat there staring at her amazing job.
"I'm good!" She bragged. "Oh! It's almost time for your date!"
••••••••••
A sharp knock on the door immediately flew me and Char into chaos.
"Answer the door!" Char screamed. "Wait! No! That's too desperate! I'll answer it!"
"Ok! Just pick one!" I hollered at her.
"I'll do it! No! You! No! Me! I will do it! Final answer!" She came bolting out of the bathroom and fled toward the door. Quickly fixing her hair she opened the door.
"Oh! Hey, Life! Is it really already time for your date? I had no idea!" Charolette said, clearly trying to play it cool.
I walked out of the bedroom and toward the door. Wow. Life looked amazing.
"Cassie! You look, gorgeous!" He said, staring at me.
"Thanks so do you!"
Ugh! I'm so dumb! "I mean you don't look gorgeous, I mean you do! But you look- yeah, I'm shutting up now."
Life just laughed, "I know what you mean. Are you ready?"
"Yup! Let's go! Bye Charolette!" I called to her waving over my shoulder. Life took my hand and together we walked to the hotel lobby.
•••••••••
Uh oh. Me and Life had successfully made it to the restaurant and ordered our food. "Hey, Life!" I whispered, "We've got a problem!"
"What?" He asked, whispering as well.
"Over at that table." I said pointing to it, I noticed a familiar face, "That's my Dad."