Chapter Sixteen

Midnight. Midnight is many things. The start of a new day. Late when people are asleep. And also the time when I was up.
I rolled over in my bed and saw Jason sitting on the couch quietly watching TV.
"Hey, Jason." I whispered, careful not to wake Charolette up. "Could you not sleep?"
"No."
"What's wrong?" I asked him, he seemed upset.
"Nothing."
"Well it's obviously something, so you may as well just tell me."
"Ok." He walked over and sat down across from me sighing, he took a deep breath,"I am afraid of my dreams."
"Really?" I said, astonished, my eyes wide.
"Yeah."
"But isn't that associated with some type of emotional trauma?"
I am pretty sure I heard that somewhere like Dr Phil or something. I'm not sure.
"Yeah." Jason answered.
"So what happened?" I thought, other than being adopted, his life was perfect.
"I don't really want to talk about it."
"Alright. I am going back to sleep then." I said, yawning.
"Ok. Goodnight Cassie."
I laid my head down on the fluffy pillows, rolled over, and closed my eyes.
I wasn't quite asleep but Jason must've thought I was, because he leaned over and kissed my forehead, "I love you." He whispered softly.
I fell asleep with a smile plastered to my face.
••••••••••••••
"Ahhhhhhhhh!" A scream jolted me awake.
"What's wrong?" I asked Charolette.
She was sitting up in bed holding her phone.
"Look!" She said, shoving it at me. On the screen it said, "Tell Cassie to back off Jason."