Research

Note I did find the information used in this chapter on line. So now I shall give credit where it is due. I will also try not to be word for word but sometimes it can not be avoided.
Author's note end and enjoy.

He had decided to start with the gems that had been placed on his staff and this it what he found in the book titled Gems and There Meanings and he dove head first into it.

Gems and There Meanings
Amethyst- calms the emotions, encourages clarity of thought, and assists in attaining wisdom. Amethyst is a stone of the mind which brings calmness and clarity. Amethyst is said to attune its wearer with intuition, feelings and values. It has long been regarded as an aid to sobriety and is useful for combating alcohol, food and other addictions. It is also thought to ease obsessive-compulsive behavior.
Aquamarine- is associated with courage and the release of anxiety and fear. It is thought to soothe, calm, alleviate fear and to help relaxation on long journeys. Many believe that it protects sailors at sea, and prevents seasickness. Tradition holds that it gives insight and promotes mental clarity.
Diamond- are believed to absorb and amplify the thoughts of its user, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of other gems and their wearers. The ancients also used diamond for detoxification as it is said to protect from poison.
Emerald- is a traditional stone, and it is stated that emerald aids fertility, improves eyesight and gives the wearer psychic powers. It is also believed to lift depression and relieve insomnia. Promotes self-knowledge, peaceful dreams and encourages balance and patience.
Flourite- is thought to balance and stabilize intuition. Regarded as an aid for learning and lateral thinking. Fluorite is believed to improve the ability to concentrate.
Lolite- is said to be the stone of inner vision. Believed to assist one in achieving a higher awareness level. Also thought to be useful for the elimination of debt and to increase financial responsibility.
Kayanite- is a calming stone; it helps to quiet the mind, dissolving emotional or spiritual confusion. Kyanite is said to be particularly good at dissolving anger and frustration.
Onyx- is said to repel negativity and protect its wearer from the hostility of others. It is a gem thought to enhance determination and perseverance.
Green Prehnite- is a gem with a mystical aura. It is also said to be the stone of remembered dreams, meditation and prophecy.
Rose Quartz- is known as the stone of "gentle love", rose quartz brings peace and calm to relationships. Excellent for healing emotional wounds, removing negativity and restoring harmony after conflict. Promotes appreciation of the arts.
Tiger's Eye- Golden brown tiger's eye is said to help convert anxiety and fear into practical logic and action. It is also believed to promote balance and strength in difficult times, and to relieve doubt.
Tourmaline- is said to strengthen both body and spirit. It is believed to attract inspiration, aid concentration, encourage balance and promote understanding. It is also thought to calm nerves, sooth grief, promote balance and build self-confidence.
Zircon- Since the Middle Ages, zircon has been believed to encourage spiritual growth and the promotion of wisdom. It is said that those who wear zircon will find beauty and peace.

Harry was not really sure these gems made any sense being in his staff. He digressed and moved to the next book titled My Wand Wood. Harry hoped this book would have more things that he actually thought he had in common with the woods his magic had picked. Then he began to read and this is what he found.

My Wand Wood
Ash- wands made with this wood cling to its one true master. It should not be passed down as it will lose power and skill. Those best suited for Ash are not easily swayed from their beliefs or purpose. Ideal owner is stubborn, courageous but not crass or arrogant.
Aspen- the owner of Aspen is either an accomplished duellist or are destined to be one. Aspen is also particularly​ suited for martial magic. It is worth noting that an eighteenth-century duelling club called Silver Spears only admitted owner's of Aspen wood.
Blackthorn- though unusual Blackthorn is best suited for a warriors. It also appears to need to pass through danger or hardship with its owner​ to truly bond. It will then become as loyal and faithful a servant one could hope for.
Cherry- this wood has nothing note worthy to mention besides being sought for by Japanese students.
Chestnut- this wood prefers owner's who are skilled tamers of Magical beasts, possess great gifts in Herbology, or are natural fliers.
Ebony- highly suited for all manner of combative magic and to Transfiguration. Happiest with owner's with the courage to be themselves, non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with status of outsider. Their owner will hold fast to their beliefs no matter external pressure and will not be swayed lightly from their purpose.
Hazel- wands made from Hazel reflect their owner's emotional state and work best for masters who understand and can manage their own feelings​. Others are encouraged to be carful around Hazel wands when their owner has recently lost their temper or have suffered a serious disappointment as the wand will absorb such energy and discharge it unpredictably. It is capable of great magic in the hands of skillful masters and are so devoted that they often wilt when their master dies. They also have the unique ability to detect water underground and will emit silvery, tear shaped puffs of smoke if passing over concealed springs or wells.
Holly- work most happiest for those who may need help overcoming a tendency for anger and impetuosity. Also choose owner's who are engaged in dangerous and often spiritual quests.
Larch- Larch have reputation for instilling confidence and courage in their users. Larch- also created wands of hidden talents and unexpected effects which describes the master who deserves it. More often then not owner's of Larch wands never realise the full extent of their considerable talents until paired with it, but will then make an exceptional match.
Pine- always choose an independent individual master who may be perceived as a loner, intriguing, and perhaps mysterious. Pine wands enjoy being used creatively​ and will adapt unprotestingly to new methods and spells. Wandmaker insist that pine wands are able to detect and preform best for master who are destined for long lives. It is also most sensitive to non-verbal magic.

To Harry who had never had anything to do with the wizarding world none of this stuff made any kind of actual sense to him. So instead of dwelling on that he went to the next book titled Wand Core's and Their Uses. Harry had a feeling that he would not understand anything that was in this book either but it was still worth knowing the information.

(Author's note some of the wand core information will be made up as I could not find any relevant information.)
Wand Core's and Their Uses
Basilisk poison- best paired with a parseltongue
Coral- create strong water spells and help water elementals
Thunderbird tail hair- powerful but difficult to master, particularly prized by Transfigurers. Can sense danger and cast curses on their own.
Dragon Heartstring- powerful, easy to learn spells though can easily be committed to another owner.
Unicorn tail hair- consistent magic, bonds strongly to first user.
Phoenix tail feather- learns most varied magic and is hard to be chosen.
Phoenix tears- allow for minor healing of their master and are suited for healing spells.
White River monster spine- produces spells of force and elegance
Rougarou hair- rumored to have an affinity for Dark magic although suitable for non-dark wizards and witches as well.
Dementor blood- works best for owner's that are not afraid to face their fears.
Thestral tail hair- only known​ wand with Thestral tail hair is Elders wand.

Harry was glade he had finished reading the books but he did not understand it and he would have liked to but that would require asking people for help and that would also lead people to know why he wanted to know​. In the interest of finding the information it was not worth it. So Harry looked at the clock and saw it was 7:30 pm so he went downstairs​ to eat then went to his room to go to bed.