Summer Sweet Summer

Harry would always have to do chores when he came home from school and he thought this would be no exception. However he was wrong the moment he got home he was not forced to do house work or any other work. Sirius told him to do his homework then they would find something to do for the rest of the holiday.

Some time later Harry finished his summer work with the help of Fred and George who were being punished for pranking Sirius. Harry had also helped them finish their homework during this time. Harry could feel the danger so he slowed just enough to let the twins go through the door first and then the twins were hit with glue and covered in feathers and the glue wouldn't come off for a week. That started a massive prank war between the twins and Sirius, which Harry found amusing. The twins and Sirius knew better then to involve him as the last time made a lasting impression they didn't want repeated.

Harry was on his way to check on the eggs and to go see his other Familiars since he had only brought Hedwig with him. When he got to the forest area he was tackled by Faith, Runa, and Apollo, apparently they had missed him. Uri and Tamish were standing a little ways away and Uri appeared to have a much rounder stomach area. Harry continued into the forest leaving the sounds of explosions behind to find a barn area with a nest of all of his eggs.

As he walked closer to the eggs the egg with snowflakes and the egg with blues of every color began to shake he had a feeling that they were ready to hatch. A few minutes later the eggs were cracked and the baby Phoenix eggs split open revealing a multi blue phoenix which he named Talia and the other hatched shortly after was gray and white with snowflakes on it was named Yuki. Harry felt gravitated to them and they to him he picked them up and took them to another section that had been created for them. For Yuki Harry had created a cloud that sprinkled snow over a pillow cushion which he placed her on. Yuki cuddled into the pillow and fell asleep having exhausted herself. Talia's was on the ground near a pound which she preceded to play in getting Harry wet in the process much to his amusement and all the other animals amusement as well. Harry finally had to dry her and place her on the blue pillow cushion before she too fell asleep. Harry was reluctant to leave and would have taken the two with him but knew they needed to watch the other eggs so we went back the way he cam and told the unicorns to watch the two newly hatched phoenix as he headed back. Faith, Runa, and Apollo followed him to his room somehow he did not notice and he found himself going to sleep with them. An hour later would find the twins and Sirius found him with Faith in his arms while Runa was curled near his head while Apollo was at the edge of the bed keeping watch. Sirius couldn't resist so he ran to get a camera and took a picture of his godson sleep peacefully in what must have been a long time. He knew however it would not last long for nothing ever did, he hoped it wasn't soon though.

The twins had continued to work at Magical Menagerie as they enjoyed their time there. Sirius used his time to get to know Harry and at night on the rare occasions he had a nightmare about his past Sirius was always there. Harry had begun to show more emotion but it was still no where close to most people, but Harry was fine with that. When they weren't doing anything the twins and Sirius could be found pranking each other while Harry remained in the library for some time. All Harry could think was if only this would last forever for he knew better than anyone how quickly things could change. Harry however wanted to enjoy the summer while it lasted, he had also heard the size of the first year class was doubling to accommodate the year they were not in school so the school could keep up. So Harry was very intrigued about all the new students and who would end up at the merlin table this year. The sorting hat would resort the previous students to see if any changed enough for a different house more specifically the Merlin house.