What It Thought

Elsewhere a figure in black looked at a very old and complex looking Hour Glass as the sand finally began flowing downwards. The figure couldn't help but laugh to himself as he said to no one in particular, "it would seem the count down has finally begun I wonder what father would say if he saw us now. As he thought of the man who had created him and his fellow godly beings. However before he could contemplate it further his thoughts moved to the first time he had seen the child born to become the "Key" to change for good or for evil.

It had been a stormy night in September when he had first seen a vision of the boy. When he went to go visit the boy he took pity on the boy and used his power to create an illusion over the boy. It would only last for so long but until it faded the boy would not feel the pain from any of his injuries. The injuries were not gone or healed by magic they were just dormant. He had told the boy something that would make sense in the magical world once he woke up. However, there was no spell like what he had done to the boy.

The person keeping watch knew that interesting things were about to be put into play by the people around "the key" he just wondered what would happen after. So many questions so little time to see the answers before one of their siblings took notice of their interest.

"Who knows," the being said "maybe I will have to get in on the action as well after all I can't let everyone else have all the fun." He said to no one in particular. He made plans in his mind of what he was going to do to have fun as well. Before he could get to far however someone appeared before him. The being bowed before this person for he knew this person very well. He also knew however that this person brought order to everything for it was this person's responsibility to make sure things fell into place. This person made sure that Fate and Destiny and many of his other siblings didn't step too much out of line.

The person that appeared didn't have an actual form that it took it was more of a shape shifter constantly changing never to stay in one form too long. It also didn't have a name that people now would know because everyone that knew its name was already long gone it was the last of it's kind. 'Yet the creature had to have been lonely at some point to create him and his siblings,' the being thought.

The being was brought out of his thoughts by hearing his name called for the first time since he had been given it. "Horacio how are you doing today my son?" Horacio turned to continue looking at the hour glass and said, "fine father have you come to visit or are you hear to see the progress of the "key" as everything starts going in motion?" The creature laughed and said, "now that would be telling wouldn't it? No I am hear to tell you that your siblings have tipped the balance of the "key" and not even I can see what will come of their interference in these matters. It could lead to death and destruction or something much worse." Horacio turned to once again look at the creature who he called father and said, "what no peace and happiness only doom and gloom?" It may have sounded joking in fact the creature even laughed but Horacio was being one hundred percent serious when he asked.

The creature stopped laughing and said, "I wish that was a possibility but we both know your siblings and they are not the kind that lead people to happy endings. Normally the so called happy endings come about by people fighting your siblings every step of the way. I'm sure you remember what happened the last time the chosen one was unable to fight your siblings guidance. It ended with an entire universe ending before its time and not just any ending either. Why I remember it just like yesterday mothers and daughters separated and killed in front of each others fathers forced to do the dirty work of killing their family's. Only being told after the fact then being forced to watch their family's death over and over before turning on each other until the only person left was the chosen one led to this point by your siblings interference."

"Oh yes how could I forget and yes I know what my siblings are capable of and my hope is that they will come to their senses before its to late. Don't worry father even if I could stop them I won't because that is the law we are held too no interference of any kind or be erased from existence and be replaced by another to take over their duty." Horacio recited the most important law given by his father upon their creation but he knew it was more for him then anyone else because his job was so much more important than his siblings. He knew he was the fifth being to take this post the first two were overly emotional and the other two interfered in another beings responsibilities and were vaporized right after the interfering was done. Unlike his post his other sibling had only ever had one or two replacements since their creation and in some cases none at all.

Horacio took one last look at his father before the creature left before going back to his post and hoping that everything would turn out ok. After all the final choice would be the "keys" to make and the way thing were going right now things looked good. Unfortunately things could go very south very quickly where his siblings were concerned so all he could do was hope that they would learn from their last mistakes. Especially considering that if things went south with the "key" things would be a lot worse and it was anybody's guess if they were going to survive.