When a Sorting goes Terribly Wrong.

Sorting hat talking
The ride to Hogwarts was ok Harry was approached by many but few actually talked to him. When they got there Harry and the other first years were directed towards boats that would take them to the entrance hall. Finally they began the sorting and then Harry's name was called.

Harry walked to the stool and then the sorting hat was put on his head.

"Well what do we have here?" Harry heard a voice in his head. "Well this certainly puts a damper on Dumbledore's plans now doesn't it?" Harry new it must be the sorting hat but had no idea why it was so happy about this development. "I see you are confused little one, but there is no need after all you are the embodiment of the fifth house the house of Merlin. So without further ado let us announce what house you are."

Outside the room was quite as they waited with baited breath for what house Harry would be put in. What happened however was not what they expected. The hat had finally made a decision and opened his mouth and said, "House of Merlin." People started to whisper until Dumbledore got up and saud, "there must be a mistake." The hat said, "no it is correct now let us make room for the Merlin Table." The resorting ended with the twins and a few others being added to the Merlin table. Before having to leave the sorting hat said, "now remember just because you were not sorted into the house of Merlin this time does not mean you can't be sorted into it at another time. Always remember that the house of Merlin is always the smallest because they have a balance of at least three of the four traits of the other houses."

I'm sorry for the short chapter, I actually rewrote it a few time because I was not satisfied but can't be helped. 😢😓 I hope you enjoy.