Paintings and Potions Accident

Classes had just started up again almost two weeks ago and Harry was already ready for summer. Harry found that he really wanted to paint but he hadn't brought his supplies with him. Harry went down to the common room and found Luna there with Fabula on her shoulder. Luna looked up and said, "go to the seventh floor and pace three times on front of the wall opposite the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy while thinking of what you need." Harry looked at her for a moment before deciding to see what would happen if he did as Luna instructed. Upon arriving at the wall and following Luna's instructions a door appeared and when he opened it he found all sorts of painting supplies. Harry immediately began to paint letting his mind drift as he did so knowing his hands would create what they wished without instruction. When Harry zoned in again he found himself staring at the boy in chains from that very first painting he had ever done. This time the boy wasn't in chains he was looking at a beautiful forest. Well half of it was beautiful anyway the other behind the boy was surrounded by mist and almost everything was dead or in a state of dying. A figure in black had an out stretched hand towards the boys back. If one looked closely the hand was not infact a human hand it was a bone shaped hand not that one would look that close. Harry took the painting back to his room before going to bed for Potions the next morning.

So Harry was headed to Potions already in a bad mood having reread his DADA book because even if Lockhart was arrested they had no teacher for DADA yet and had to use Lockhart's books to study. However, he was apparently not the only one who was in a bad mood because halfway into the class period the class was interrupted by none other then Professor Mcgonagall. She didn't waste any time in making her way to Professor Snape and started whispering to him. Unfortunately she came in at a crucial moment for most of the students in their potions for the day. One student seen the bubbling of the cauldrons and shouted at the top of their lungs, "RUN THE POTIONS ARE ABOUT TO BLOW." Everyone started running unfortunately for Harry that day he had decided to pick one of the tables furthest from the door and as the cauldrons started exploding. When it was all over Harry had been covered in almost ten different incomplete potions of different types the professors who had shielded themselves but were to far away to shield the other students found a horrible sight.

Harry woke in semi lucid state just drifting on the sea of unconsciousness just barely able to feel the pain his body was in but it was very dull almost to the point that he couldn't feel it. Harry floated back into unconsciousness like it was an old friend. Little did he know slipping into unconsciousness may have cost him his life at present moment as his body tried to deal with the effects of the potions accident.

For everyone else it was a lot more stressful because Harry was on the brink of death and they weren't even sure if Harry was even going to make it. They had just finished covering his body with bandages for second degree burns when they noticed that his back had two indentations where something was making it's way out. Madam Pomfrey ordered them to turn Harry over as black wings sprouted from his back. Finally relaxing a little Madam Pomfrey said, "now all we can do is wait for him to wake and for the wings to retract so we can put him on his stomach. This means he can have no visitors until he wakes maybe the occasional but only a few. Now I am off to inform Sirius about this and I'm disappointed in you McGonagall for interrupting a potions class of all things to speak with Snape. When you knew it could wait until after class was over."

Harry drifted to consciousness at a slow pace and began to notice the slow but constant pain in his body as a whole. Opening his eyes he quickly shut them again as he was blinded by the light. Someone said, "the lights are off you can open your eyes now." Harry opened his eyes and saw Madam Pomfrey standing above him with a clipboard and said, "how do you feel dear I understand that you may not remember what happened but I need to know how you feel." Harry attempted to speak but only ended up coughing as his throat was dry. Madam Pomfrey got him some water then Harry spoke in a raspy voice and said, "I feel dull constant pain." Madam Pomfrey looked at his charts on the clipboard in her hands and said, "unfortunately you are underweight and this is as much pain reliever as I can give you without risking you going into a coma." Harry nodded and started to drift back to sleep thinking about why he was in so much pain, he resolved to find out the next time he woke.