New home

Me and Lauren are in the car on the way to her house. She keeps trying to make small talk but I don't really want to talk to people right now. Now I know I should be all crazy because Lauren Cohan adopted me but I'm not. Having a famous parent means she has no time for me, she would never be home, I would get hate, and I could get away with anything. I don't like that. I never have. I like being able to get in trouble, and having fights. Its fun and makes a kid a kid. I sigh and look at her.

I say " Well being you adopted me I guess we should get to know each other. Hi I'm Maxie Nicole Coulter. Witch I guess soon I'll be a Cohan. My favorite color is blue, My favorite food is pizza, I like acting, and I'm in love with The walking dead. Your turn."

She looks at me and says " Hi I'm Lauren Cohan. My favorite color is blue, My favorite food is Mac and cheese, I'm a actor in The walking dead and I'm desperately in love with Steven."

I say " Are you for real!"

She nods crazily. Which makes me laugh.

She says " When we get to the house I'm going to let you get a bath or shower. I'll let you barrow a hair brush. Then were going shopping with Emily. Just for things like hair brush, make up, deoterant, toothbrush, and clothes. Then we can get things for your room tomorrow. Is that okay?"

I say "That would be fun! Wouldnt people see me though? Are we gonna hide me?"

She says " That's all up to you. If you want me to show you off then I will, if you want to meet the cast then you can, its all up to you. Its your life and I'm not going to ruin it for you."

I say " Im going to be honest with you. Dont expect me to open up right away to you. I didnt even open up to my mom. My brother is the person i told everything to. He's gone now, and whoever i open up to first will be my go to person. Its just how i work. "

I wipe a few tears away that escaped my eyes and look out the window. I miss him. I really do. I'm not worried about my parents because we were never close. The only thing that brought us together was The walking dead. 

I say  "Do you think that you all could use some help on set? "

She turns and smiles the biggest smile ever. She nods her head and we pull into a drive way. I look up and see the biggest house I have ever seen.

I say "Woah!! This is huge!"

She says " Wait till you see your room. Its big. Oh and the bathtub!"

My eyes go big and I open the car door and run to the front door. She follows me and opens the door for me. My eyes wonders the room. I take my wet shoes off and run around. I stop outside a door with my name on it. I smile and open it. My eyes wonder the room. I have a queen sized bed, a dresser, two night stands, a vanity, a full body length mirror and an mother teddy near and note. I walk over to it and open the note. it says

Dear Maxie,

I hope you happy with this person. I was going to get a guy but I thought you would need a girl for girl things. We will meet soon you just won't know its me. Have fun shopping with the girls.

-C

I pull out my backpack and grab the other note. I set it on my night stand and walk over to a door. I open it and a huge walk in closet revels.

I say " Woah."

I walk back out and see Lauren standing in the door. She has a smile on her face.

She says "I thought about something. You can't take a shower with no clothes. So we have to wait. Emily will be here soon. She can't wait to meet you. I also have a surprise for you."

She hands me a phone with a case on it. I take it and look at her.

I say " Thank you. For everything. Taking me in, and buying all this stuff for me. And later were more than likely going to spend a lot of money on clothes. Thanks."

She says " Its really nothing. I always wanted a kid."

I smile and then there's a knock on the door. Lauren walks down to get it. After two minutes Emily Kinney come running up to me and hugging me.

She says " you must be Maxie. I heard a lot about you. I'm Emily by the way. I just know were going to be great friends. Y'all ready to go?"

Shes jumpy and always has a smile on her face. I love it. I wish i could reach that level of happiness.

 I find myself smiling at her and admiring her. She looks at both of us and we nod. She grabs our hands and pulls us to her car.  I get in the back and buckle up. Then we head to the mall.