Chapter 14: A Bet

•Brennan's Pov•
I opened my laptop and saw Annie, with a boy?? Oh no, just great. I opened my mouth but no words came out "Hey, Julianna. I'm back, sorry about Ryan" she smiled "It's no problem, Brennan. Oh, by the way this is Hayden" she pointed towards Hayden and playfully shoved him towards the laptop "I'm going to the bathroom. Be right back, be nice you too" she left the room. There was a long awkward silence between us, I finally spoke up. "Uh, hey. Listen please don't hurt Annie.." he rolled his eyes "How about you listen buddy. You're not the boss of me, she isn't your property is she? She's way out of your lead, Brennan" he began laughing before continuing "Oh, by the way. Don't let her know about this" he made a fist and began cracking his knuckles. I nodded anxiously, gulping "I understand" He whispered quietly "Hey, but since I'm a nice guy, why don't we make a bet and see who Annie chooses?" A smirk spread across his face "B-but I'm in Maryland.." I said with a sigh as he laughed "I guess, I win then. Have fun.." he said as Annie came out of the bathroom then he mumbled "Without Annie" the smirk appeared on his face again "Well, it was nice meeting you Brennan" he smiled playfully "Uh, you too.." "Well I gotta go, bye Annie" he opened his arms for a hug, smirking and mouthed the words "She's all mine, I've got her wrapped around my finger" I bit my lip nervously and watched as Hayden left. Should I tell her about this? Should I tell Katie or Caleb? Should I tell anyone? All these thoughts ran through my mind as I was interrupted by Annie snapping her fingers through the scream to get my attention "Brennan" she said softly "Brennan" she said again. I finally broke out of my thoughts and laughed quietly "Oh, hey. I'm so sorry, I forgot what I was doing" I chuckled and she began to giggle "It's okay. How did you guys get along?" She smiled and I bit my lip again. Should I lie? Do I tell her the truth? I ignored her question, hey I know it's rude but trust me, you'd do the same. "So, how are you and Hayden?.." She looked at me, confused in my eyes "Bren–" I interrupted her "Are you's good?" I feel really bad for ignoring her and now speaking over her. She sighed and looked upset "Listen Brennan, I gotta go" a tear fell from her eye as she ended the call. "Just great" I mumbled to myself. "Now what am I going to do?" I possibly just ruined our so called friendship and who knows what else I could've done. I flopped myself down onto my bed and began crying, I could've ruined everything we had. It wasn't much but it was enough to make me smile.
•Hayley's Pov•
Ryan and I were just talking on facetime for ages. I miss him so much, I miss being cuddled in his arms, I miss his voice, his smile, his laugh, his tickles and when he kisses my forehead. I just miss that so much. I never want to lose Ryan, he's my best friend, my boyfriend?. No! I mean my boy best friend. Yes, yes now that's correct. Annie and Katie planned for a sleepover when we get back, I will probably hang out more with Ryan, but who knows. When Annie was talking with Brennan she slammed her laptop shut and began crying. I wonder what happened, I whispered to Ryan "Annie's crying, she just hung up the call with Brennan. We got to help make things right" he nodded in agreement "This isn't one of your sneaky plans again, Hayles is it?" I giggled "Of course it is, Hayley's happy ever plan" he laughed too "I'm glad I have a best friend like you Hay" I smiled "Aw, me too Ryan. Me too" we came up with a very sneaky plan. So I'll talk to Annie while Ryan talks to Brennan and we'll find out the problem and fix it. Easy as pie, although I can't make a pie. Oh well. But pie sure does taste good. Getting off topic Hayley, getting off topic, I said to myself in my thoughts. But I wanted to not make her anymore upset. I approached her in a casual manner "Hey Ans, are you okay?" She sighed, sniffling "To be honest Hayley, I don't know. I asked Brennan how he thought Hayden was and he kept avoiding my questions and speaking over me" I laid my head on her shoulder "Everything will work out, you guys are meant to be. Brennan really does love you. I mean I'm only 8 but I'm very smart and mature when it comes to love" she giggled quietly "I guess, but he really hurt my feelings" I rubbed her back "Maybe Brennan was avoiding your questions for a reason. Maybe he's trying to protect you. He just wants to keep you safe, he loves you" she bit her lip "But why would he always tease me?" "To annoy you, playfully of course" "Why does he smirk a lot?" I laughed "He thinks it makes him look hot" "Oh..but he is.." she mumbled quietly but loud enough for me to hear "OMG! DID YOU JUST SAY–" she blushed "NOTHING, HAYLEY. NOTHING" she covered her face "Do I like Brennan?" I shook my head "No, you love him" I smirked and started singing
"ANNIE AND BRENNAN SITTING IN A TREE–"
I got interrupted by Annie
"P-U-K-I-N-G" she snickered
"ANNIE! STOP IT, YOU LOVE HIM!"
she rolled her eyes, blushing "Do not!" I nodded "Do too!" "No I don't, Hay!" "But but but Annie you doooooo!!" "NO I DON'T!" "DO!" "NO NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL!!" I smirked, I had a good comeback "Never say never to love!" I stuck my tongue out cheekily "Okay, okay. You win Hayley" I clapped "Yay, I've won" "Now, please stop shouting for the whole world to hear you" I pouted "Fineeeee" "Now Hayley, we have to get ready we're going out for dinner soon, with the Summeralls" I nodded "Alright, I'm taking a nap for a bit" she nodded "Me too" we both laid down and instantly fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows.
[a few hours later]
•Annie's Pov•
I rolled around in the bed, rubbing my eyes and sat up. I grabbed my phone of the bedside table and it was 5:45pm "Oh shit, we're meeting up with the Summeralls at 6:30pm. I better get ready" I jumped out of the bed and ran into the bathroom. I got undressed and turned on the water. I jumped in and wet my hair, I grabbed the shampoo bottle, squeezing some in my hands. I rubbed my hairs through my hair and rinsed it out. I scrubbed my body with soap and turned the shower off. I hopped out and wrapped myself into a towel. I got dressed into white beach shorts and a animal printed blouse. I brushed my hair and curled it and threw on some sandals. I quickly brushed my teeth and put my phone on charge. It was now 5:55pm. Mom and dad were already ready, Caleb was coming back upstairs soon and Hayley should be awake soon. I sat on the couch and turned the tv on quietly.
[time skip to 6:20pm]
•Annie's Pov•
"Hayley, hurry up please. We have to leave now!" I went on my phone onto snapchat and did my streaks. Once my streaks were done, I opened up my messages and saw one from...