Chapter 29: Fears and Tears

•Annie's Pov•
So mom just called Hayley and I downstairs.
"Hey mom, what's up?" I asked curiously.
"Girls, promise me you'll stay calm"
"I'll try.." I said nervously
"Me too"
"Your father and I think it's best that you both go back to school. You need to socialise again, I know that it will be hard but you girls need this. You start tomorrow"
"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, MOM!" I yelled
"I'm sorry but I'm not going, I'm not leaving Annie's side!" I held onto Hayley tightly.
"Mom, don't do this to us! It isn't fair!!" I screamed, stomping my foot.
"Julianna, stop screaming!" She raised her eyebrow.
Julianna? Maybe I should stop..
"We aren't leaving each other's side!" I pouted
"Annie, enough! You're being ridiculous, it's only school. You'll see her when you get home"
"Mommy, we aren't going" Hayley crossed her arms
"You're both going. Tomorrow!" She said while she left the room.
It was getting dark, we better get into bed. I sighed.
"Let's go to bed" I said sighing, as I held Hayley's hand up the stairs.
We got into bed as my father came in to say goodnight
"Night" I said grumpily. I can't believe he agreed to send us to school.
He kissed us and left.
"Annie?"
"Yes, Hayley?"
"I'm scared for tomorrow.."
"Me too, I guess we better get some rest" I sighed and kissed Hayley goodnight.
I woke up to my mom opening the blinds and letting the sun light up my room
"Ugh. Seriously?" I groaned
"Time to get ready. Hayley, honey time to wake up"
Hayley sat up "morning"
"Mornin" I sighed and got out of bed.
"Don't expect me to talk to anyone, mom"
"Annie, don't ignore people. Please try to talk to someone, anyone"
"We'll see.."
To make sure I fit in, I get some of the latest trends out of my closet. I settle on some blue denim jeans and a crop top that's just above my belly button. I change and put my hair in a low ponytail with two strands at the front. I then put on some foundation, concealer, highlighter, mascara and lipgloss on. I put them and some brushes in my bag, for any touch ups needed later. I put on my 'old school vans' and put some books, pens, a few necessities and gym clothes into my bag. I help Hayley choose an outfit, she wears a pink shirt and overalls with her hair in a messy bun. We walk downstairs and eat our toast. I grab my bag of lunch on the counter and place it in my bag. I run upstairs and brush my teeth and hurry back downstairs. I look at Hayley, as I try not to cry.
"I'll miss you" I hugged her tightly
"I'll miss you more, Anns" a tear fell from her eye and I wiped it away with my finger.
"I'll tell you all about my day, hay"
"Me too, Annie"
I kissed my mom goodbye as I waited for Hayley.
We walked outside as my mom called out
"Have a good day. I love you girls!" My mom smiled
"Love you too" Hayley and I said in unison.
We walked to the bus stop and got many stares at we stepped on the yellow school bus. I sat in the window seat, with Hayley by my side. The bus stopped and all the younger kids started to get off
"Bye Hayley. If anything happens just call me. I love you" I hugged her and kissed her forehead.
"Same here. Bye Annie, I love you" she hugged me and kissed me back as she waved goodbye as the bus drove off. The bus got going again and turned around at the round-about and pulled up at this huge school, as I got off and walked to the gates I heard many begin to whisper and stare at me. Oh great. I took a deep breath as I took my first steps into my new school, I was in a hurry to get away from everyone and bumped into someone, knocking all of their books out of their hands.
"Omg! I'm so so sorry" I tried to help them pick their books up
"It's fine" they said not making eye contact and left.
I tried to find my way to the office, but had no luck. I saw a group of boys talking at their lockers.
"Um, hi. I'm new and was wondering if one of you could help me find the office?"
"I will!" One with brown hair offered
"Nah, I'll do it" one with blonde hair said.
"I will do it" another offered
I only need one person, jeez.
I walked away, hoping one would follow.
"Here" he smiled and put his arm around my waist to guide me.
We made it to the office where I was greeted by the office lady.
"Name?" The office lady said
"Julianna LeBlanc"
"Here's your schedule and locker combination"
"Thanks" I said looking at it
"So, Julianna is the gorgeous girls name?" he said with a smile
"Well actually I prefer to go by Ann–.." I stopped myself
"Julianna, Juli, Jules. Whatever you prefer"
"Well I'm gonna stick with gorgeous" I began blushing
"Oh, by the way. The names Joey, Joey Birlem"
"Nice to meet you, Joey"
"You too, gorgeous" he smiled
"What do you have first?" he asked looking over at my schedule
"Okay, you have homeroom with Mr Sun, I'm not there but some of my friends are. Afterwards you have pdhpe with Mr Palmer, I'll be with you then.
Then maths with Mr Lucas,
Science with Mr Creevey,
Then lunch,
English with Mr Grey
Drama with Mr Sorenson"
Wow, I have all male teachers. Hopefully they are nice.
The bell rang
"I'll walk you to homeroom" he smiled
"Thanks, but you don't have too."
"Nah, it's cool"
We left the office and headed to homeroom with Joey's arm still around my waist.
He walked me inside to a chair up at the back.
"Before I go, could I get your number?" He smiled and handed me his phone and I gave him mine.
"Bye gorgeous" he smiled and gently kissed my cheek and unwrapped his arm off my waist
"Bye Joey" I said sitting down as he left.
Wow, he's cute, I thought to myself.
The room began to pile up with people, some murmuring as they looked at me.
The teacher came in and told us to chill.
A few boys came in, they must be Joey's friends. They came and sat by me
"Why, hello. I'm Ashton" he said with a smirk
"Harvey"
"Max"
"You got a name?" Ashton asked with a smirk
"Julianna" I said
"Pretty name, for a pretty girl" Harvey said
"Thanks" I blushed a little
"She blushed, bro" Max said.
We talked until the bell rang again and everyone left. Leaving me on my own.
Joey texted me

I put my phone into my bag