Chapter 25: Be Mine

•Annie's Pov•
We left the store and walked along where the ocean meets the sand. I just love the feel of sand on my feet. We talked for awhile when we saw a boy around our age with some guy who had a guitar. Some girl is going to scream with excitement, I thought. Once we walked past the boy, I realised it was Brennan.
The guy began to play the guitar and sing the song 'I like me better' I smiled gently as the guy sang the first verse and Brennan sang the second.

"Damn, I like me better when I'm with you
I like me better when I'm with you
I knew from the first time, I'd stay for a long time 'cause
I like me better when
I like me better when I'm with you"

The guy then sang the next verse and Brennan sang the next, then the guy sang the second last verse and Brennan sung the last.

"I like me better when I'm with you (yes, I do, yes, I do, babe)
I like me better when I'm with you (ooh, no)
I knew from the first time, I'd stay for a long time 'cause
I like me better when
I like me better when I'm with you
Better when, I like me better when I'm with you"

Brennan got down on one knee and looked up at me
"Julianna, I knew from the moment I met you that there was something special about you. I don't want to wait any longer and possibly lose you. What we have is special and I want to ask you a question" he then paused and held my hand
"Annie, will you make me the happiest boy alive and be mine?"
I want to scream yes but I can't because of Hayden but I don't want to hurt Brennan's feelings.
"I-.."
I cried softly, mainly tears of joy but also some tears of sadness. I looked down at Brennan, who was still smiling, hoping I'd say yes. If I don't, I'll break his heart.
"Annie?" He looked up at me, with those twinkling brown eyes.