Chapter 41: Mystery Boy

•Annie's Pov•
"so tell me about yourself" i said quietly, he shook his head and slid his hand into his pocket and pulled out a small piece of paper and handed it to me. it said
'i'm sorry but i can not speak until midnight, that's when i want to reveal my identity. i hope you understand. if it's okay, do you mind if i take you for a drive around town at about 11:00pm? i hope you don't mind me not speaking, i just really want to surprise you and i know you will love it :)'
i looked up at him as i nodded my head "of course. well, let's just dance for a while?" i asked as he nodded his head. he grabbed a pen from his pocket and another piece of paper and started to quickly write, what i assume is a question.
he turned the paper to me which said
'let me know if anything i do bothers you, i understand if you want space while we dance and that is ok."
i gently shook my head and placed my arms on his shoulders as his hands held onto my waist, we started to sway.
after a while, i really felt like i had a special connection with this guy and i don't even know who he is right now.
after i started to get tired, i laid my head in his chest and wrapped my arms around him as we continued to dance, i felt his arms hug me back as i felt a small kiss on my forehead and i felt a small smile tug on my lips which is something i haven't done in a long time. he looked away shyly and i told him that is okay and he shouldn't be worried about it. we then decided to have a rest and sit at a table, i told him that i would get us some soda and headed towards all of the drinks, grabbing two cups and pouring coca cola in both of them. i headed back towards mystery boy and just held my hand out with the cup "i hope you don't mind coke. if not i can grab you something else" he shook his head and slowly took the cup from my hand, his fingers brushing past mine, i took a seat and we just talked for a while. well i was doing more of the talking but he wrote me cute little notes which i decided to keep afterwards. he pulled out his phone and looked at the time, it was almost eleven. "we can go in a minute, i just want to let my friends know so they don't worry." he nodded as i went to find ruby and the others "hey guys. i'm sorry we didn't get to hang out too much tonight but the mystery boy is going to drive me around town for a little while. i'll talk to you all tomorrow"
"please be safe, jules" sophia said, we were still on good terms even though joey and i never worked out.
"just call us if you need anything."
"of course ruby. i'll be fine, i trust him."
they all gave me hugs.
"hey have you seen hayden?" i asked, i was a little worried because i had not seen him at all tonight.
"no not really." lauren said as she rubbed my shoulder.
i sighed "if you do see him. please let him know that i'm okay and he can call me if he's worried"
they all nodded as i waved goodbye and headed back to mystery boy.
we stood up as we walked out of the dance together and he opened his car door for me and i thanked him as we started to drive off from the dance.