Chapter 18: I'm Gonna Ask Her Out

•Brennan's Pov•
Everything was going well with Annie until her family barged in, exactly at the worst time too. I know Hayley tried her best and I'm proud of her, it would've been hard to pull most of this plan off and she did it. I did my bro handshake with Caleb as Hayley apologised by mouthing the words "I'm sorry" I nodded as I forgive her. As I greeted everyone, it went silent. "So.." I said hoping to break the awkward silence that had been created. "Well, how come you came all this way?" Ms Katie said as she sat down on the edge of the bed beside Mr Billy. "The thing is, I wanted to come and surprise all of you. My family will be here in a few days due to some problems at the airport but I'm checking into this hotel tonight, since I couldn't last night they just sent me to another hotel for free" I said out of breath for that long sentence. Mr Billy and Ms Katie nodded "Ohh okay. Anytime you need anything. We're here for you buddy" Ms Katie smiled "Thanks" I chuckled. I wish I got to tell Annie how I feel about her, but it'll have to wait now. I think tomorrow I'm going to ask Annie out. I hope she says yes, I just love her so much! Even if Annie doesn't want date, I understand and hope we can still be best friends no matter what happens to us.
•Ms Katie's Pov•
I'm happy to see Brennan, he's a great kid and fun to be around. I guess I should invite him to join us for dinner tonight with the Summeralls. "Brennan, we're having dinner with friends of ours tonight. Would you care to join us? I'm positive they won't mind another guest." I said politely as I waited for a reply "Well..uh I guess so" he said shyly as he rubbed his neck with his hand "Great!" I chirped as I messaged Jimmy, Hayden's dad to tell him the news. He was fine with it.
*Skip to when they are meeting up at the place*
•Hayden's Pov•
I think tomorrow I'm going to tell Annie how I feel and ask her out. Hopefully she says yes! My dad and I arrived at the place where we are meeting the LeBlancs, but they aren't here yet. I play a few games on my phone while I wait. "I wonder what's taking them so long" I looked at my dad "No idea, Hayden. If they aren't here in 5 minutes, I'll give them a call" I nodded and listened to some music. It's been 5 minutes now so I guess my dad is going to give them a call. They answered and said that they were in traffic and should be here in about 2-3 minutes. Their car just pulled up, about time I'm starving here!