Chapter 5: Interview

Chloe:

I looked down at the ring on my left hand. It was beautiful. It was a two piece gold ring. The bottom part had a crossed pattern of diamonds while the top part which had a slightly thinner band, held a small diamond in the middle.

It was way to elegant to be a simple engagement ring. This was delivered to me yesterday by a man named, Carson. He was really sweet but then I learned he was Christian's P.A.

It's been a week since I agreed to marry Christian and I have seen little of my husband to be. Mom wasn't thrilled, neither was Lisa or my other best friend, Ricardo but they understand why I did what I did.

We were now living in a two story house that Christian bought for us. He'd only been here once to meet mamá, Lisa and Lisabeth.

Lisabeth has taken a liking to Christian too. After that, I haven't seen him. He's called me though, but only to give me updates.

Like today, he called to tell me we had an interview. So that is what I'm doing right now; getting ready for the interview. He sent me a beautiful ruby red dress that reached right above my knees. It had a sweetheart neckline, straps and fit snugged against my upper body.

I had silver heels to pair it with and my shiny, silver, long sleeved mini-jacket. I wore my large hoops and a simple silver necklace that had a heart pendant.

I left my hair out in it's natural big curls and I used neutral makeup. Nude lipstick, mascara and a bit of eyeliner. If I haven't mentioned this before, I hate to wear heavy makeup.

I did a twirl in the mirror. I think I look okay. I sighed, I'm going to be the wife of one of the richest men in America. I bit my lip. And I'm starting to look like it too.

My phone rang and I hesitated to answer when I saw it was Christian. "Hello?" I whispered into the phone.

"I'm waiting outside. Hurry up." he said before cutting the call. I sighed. Seems like I've been doing a lot of that these days. Today we're officially announcing our engagement and that's why we have an interview.

I grabbed my clutch and made my way downstairs. Mom was at the door and she gave me a small hug before I left.

When I got outside I saw a black Skyline and Christian was leaning against it. He was wearing a white pants and a white blazer with a black T-shirt underneath. His hair was gelled back today too.

He opened the door on the passenger side of the car, when I was closer. "Thank you." I whispered as I slid inside.

He said nothing but closed the door and went around the other side.

The drive was filled with a deafening silence. Christian made no attempts to talk to me and neither did I. And I was actually glad for that.

But then, "Okay, let's go over our story. Where did we meet?" he said referring to our last conversation.

I sighed. I was not expecting this. "At Rachel's birthday party." I answered.

"Where did we go on our first date?"

"To Paris." Which I find extreme. I mean who goes to Paris for their first date?! But whatever.

"And after that?"

"We were carrying on a private relationship for nine months."

"And I proposed where?"

"On our trip to Hawaii when we went out to an underwater restaurant."

"Good."

After that we went back into silence, not really paying attention to each other.

Suddenly I felt a hand entwined with the one I had on my lap and my heartbeat picked up.