Chapter 28: Running into the Ex

Chloe:

"Chloe." I heard Christian's voice whisper close to my ear. I ignored him and snuggled back into the sheets.

Today was our last day in Miami. We had been here for a month now and I was starting to get home sick. I mean Miami is great but home is where my family is.

"Chloe, is time to get up." I heard another whisper, his voice sounding firm this time.

"Let me sleep." I mumbled. Just as I felt sleep taking over me again I heard Christian's shoes walking in the opposite direction.

I spent a few minutes in sleepy bliss and then, "Chloe! Get up this instant!"

I jumped awake and looked around like a crazy person trying to find the monster that wouldn't let me sleep. Finally my eyes settled on him.

He looked like he'd just got out the shower and was halfway dressed. He had an amused look on his face.

I huffed and flopped back on the bed. "You have to get up, sweetheart. As soon as the meeting's done we're leaving for home." he informed.

I groaned, "I want to sleep, you monster. Just wake me up when you get back."

He stood above me now and rose one of his perfect eyebrows. "Have you forgotten? You're coming to the meeting with me. The investors' wives are having a brunch. You said you'd like to go."

Oh yeah! I did. I glanced at the clock and quickly sprang off the bed. I headed directly to the bathroom and started getting ready.

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

"Right, now I know you aren't good with interacting with people. So if any time you feel uncomfortable, tell Gerald." Christian lectured as we arrived on the fifth floor.

"Yes Christian, I know." I answered earning a weird look from him.

"I told you to call me Chris. Why do you insist on using my full name?" He grabbed my hand and we stepped off the elevator.

I smiled at him sheepishly, "Sorry, I just need some time to get used to it, okay?" He nodded and we continued to the conference room.

The floor was decorated nicely but it was clear as day that everything was hella expensive. I'm sorry for whoever accidentally breaks anything here.

As we approached the room, I saw a group of four women, all glamorously dressed in heels and dresses. My navy blue pencil dress suddenly felt cheap.

I know it's not. Rachel gave me this for my birthday last year; she spend two thousand dollars on it. She had it customly made to reach my knees and it had a V neck and square straps that fell slightly off my shoulders.

I paired it with nude colored wedges, a clutch, thin silver bracelets and large silver hoops that stopped a few inches above my shoulder. I put my hair in a high ponytail with a nude colored head band and applied only clear lip gloss to my lips.

I tried to make myself look as presentable as possible to be out in public because I know Christian's paparazzi stalkers always have their eyes on me.

As soon as he sensed my unease, Christian pressed a kiss to my temple. I let the warmth of it spread throughout me because it was very rare for me to get any kind of affection from him.

All the women's eyes landed on me when we stopped before them. One in particular with medium blonde hair and grey eyes had a very peculiar look on her face.

"Ladies, this is my fiancee, Chloe. I hope you all get along well." That said, he kissed my forehead and left me standing amongst these strange women.