Chapter 40.5: I see you

Jake:

He's touching her and like the sick bastard I am, I watched. I watched because I wanted to see what it was like for her being with him.

The longing in my heart for him to be me surfaced as I continued to stare. She seemed to really be enjoying it. My fists clenched.

That day in the café was no accident. I saw her as soon as she'd gotten out of the car with him. I thought maybe I could get back to her. Become close to her again but she all but cowered away from me.

She didn't even want me around. She sent me away. I knew the bet was a bad idea when I saw what Mike had become but a sick part of me wanted to see if he'd really be able to keep her.

I wanted to see if his so called training had worked. It obviously didn't because she jumped at the idea to leave him for me. Well, after a lot of persuasion.

I knew what he did to her. I knew how, when and why every fucking time. I didn't do anything to stop it; to stop his madness, his obsession.

He was thrilled with the fact he could make her bend to his will. He loved how weak he'd made her, how he'd broken her spirit. We took a strong confident girl and made her into a scared defenseless woman.

I knew when the fight had left her. The day she stopped snapping at me to leave her alone, I knew. Mike kept me updated and I did the same for him but then something happened.

My eyes stayed glued to her, her husband was deep inside her and I can tell she likes it. Of course she would like it, she wasn't being forced to.

She didn't have to fight him off her, she honestly didn't want to. I sighed a last time before I took out the camera I brought with me. I snapped the picture of the two and walked away with a depressed feeling building inside me.

I feel remorseful. I almost tore the picture up when I heard her scream that she loves him but I didn't. Why may you ask?

Because I am obsessed myself and I didn't know how to be anything else besides Mike's best friend and helper. It has always been the two of us. We weren't good guys, not by a long shot.

We went to juvy a few times for petty crimes but I never thought it would come to this. Mike is a dangerous man and I know he would do anything to get his hands on her.

I cautiously jumped over the wall surrounding the Humphrey home and hightailed it to my car, speeding off into the night.

•~~~~~•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•~~~~~•