Chapter 14: On An Entirely New Page

Chloe:

Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Christian is kissing me. I don't know if I should kiss back or pull away or... why am I even thinking through this?

I should push him away but...

"Kiss me back." he whispered against my lips. His tone was the probably the softest he'd used in a while since it still had a firm edge.

Gingerly, I closed my eyes and pressed my lips back against his. His kiss was soft almost light with care. It gave me butterflies in my stomach. I slowly brought my hands up to his face and held his jaw on either side.

His chest rumbled with approval as I felt the rhythm of the kiss intensify. I could feel his hunger and an underlying want. That's what scared me most.

Has he kissed other girls this way? Is this how he gets them into bed? That thought made me pull away from the kiss. I let my hands drop from his face as I tried to catch my breath and he rest his forehead against mine.

I closed my eyes. "What's wrong?" I heard him ask.

"Just stop." I whispered.

"Stop what?"

"This. I don't... I don't want to be one of your whores."

He went silent. And for a while. It was like that. And then....

"Chloe, look at me." his voice was soft as if talking to a scared child. "Please."

That one word had me opening my eyes to meet his. His eyes softened slightly. "If I thought of you as a whore, I'd have already fucked you."

My eyes widened at his choice of words and he chuckled.

"I...um..I" I didn't know how to respond and this seemed to amuse him.

"I don't want a whore, Chloe." he finally sighed. He buried his face in my neck and breathe in. I let out soft whimper.

"I just want somebody who'll accept me, put up with my attitude, and just be by my side no matter what." he continued.

He let out a short, amused huff, "Funny thing is I didn't want any of that until I got to know you."

He let out a soft laugh, making me jump as the vibration tickled my skin. I was yet to respond to him but something told me he was not done with his little monologue.

"You're messing with my fucking mind, Chloe. I tried to fight this attraction but I can't and don't fucking want to."

I let out a whoosh of air. One I didn't know I was holding. I really wasn't expecting something like this from him.

I felt his arms slide around my waist and pulled our bodies together. I gasped.

This man is messing up my emotions. One minute he's closed off and detached and then other he's kind then he's harsh again. It's just....ugh!

It's not like I have a choice. I have to put up with with him anyway. We already made a deal. The media is on it. What difference does is make if I return his feelings?

We're still gonna get married in the next few weeks. "Say something." he whispered.

"I..Christian... I...no!" I pushed him away from me and surprisingly he moved backward. I looked away from him.

"You're trying to trick me. Just stop it." I demanded in a quiet voice. Then I turned around to open the door but Christian grabbed onto my wrist and turned me around. He locked my arms above my head and glared down at me.