Chapter 34: It's Time

Chloe:

My eyes fluttered open as the light shone onto my face from the window. A strong arm held me protectively against a hard chest and I smiled.

I felt so safe like this, in his embrace. Shifting, I turned so that I was now facing him and his arm tightened around me.

I scanned his face and noticed how peaceful and normal he looks in his sleep. He looked like an ordinary man but I know better.

He is one of the most influential men America and he is to be my husband in a few hours. I smiled at the thought. To think just seven months ago, I was in despair because of this same man.

I sighed. This is heaven. My peace was disturbed when my bedroom door was thrown open by my very annoying soon to be sister in law.

Christian jolted awake and glared at his sister as she strutted into the room. " Get the fuck out of my room Rachel! " he grumbled and pulled me closer.

She rose a  brow at him, "Your wedding is at two o'clock and it's already eleven. I need your fiancée."

"No. Go away." he mumbled childishly making me giggle.  He glanced at me and then at Rachel.

"Fine." As he slid his arm away from me, he placed a kiss on my nose, "I'll see you later, okay?"

I nodded but before I can say anything, I was dragged out of bed by his sister.

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

As I watched the time come closer and closer, I became more and more anxious. My hair and makeup is being done at the moment and I can't help getting the jitters.

I can tell Margo was having a hard time incorporating the hair clip with the tiara but she eventually figured it out. She pulled a few strands of my hair behind my head and made a small bun using the clip to keep it in place.

She'd curled my entire hair and left piece to the front parted down the middle to frame my face.

As for Rachel, I know she was using neutral colors for my face but I am yet to find out what I look like. By the time they were done it was already one o' clock.

All my bridesmaids were dressed and ready by twelve just so they could help me get ready. Rachel was the only one just getting dressed along with me.

Leana helped me into my wedding dress and Ruben was busy getting my shoes from the box. It was a lovely pair of diamond studded stilettos but they weren't the six inch kind.

I wanted a simple shoe if I'm going to be honest but Christian insisted I got these instead. An early wedding present, he called it. So I let him order them.

I carefully slipped on my shoes and pulled on my gloves. They were long gloves that had no fingers but fit tight around my knuckles and thumb. They reached up to my elbows.

I decided on these gloves because it would be so much easier to take off without removing my ring. My family was very strict about the wedding ring.

We aren't allowed to take it off for a year. After the year is up, only if we need to take it off, then we can but must put it back on as soon as we're done with whatever.

I never understood why it is done but I don't question my family traditions.

I put on my jewelry after. It was simple. I diamond pendant in the shape of a heart sat between my collar bone and the same shape of studs were clipped on my ear.

We all had agreed that since the dress was already grandiose, I should wear simple jewellery. Finally my veil was clipped under the tiara and I was sprayed with perfume.

Everyone clasped their hands over their mouth once I turned to face them. I didn't understand their reaction until I walked over to the mirror.

I did not look like me. This can't be me. I blinked a couple of times but I still saw the same reflection. A ball formed in my throat and I tried my hardest not to let the tears fall.

"You look so beautiful, sis." Lisa muttered from behind me. Just then, the door to my room opened and in came mama, Lydia and Manolo.

"Oh mija!" mama exclaimed. "You look so beautiful. I want to hug you but I'm afraid to even touch you!"

I laughed and Lydia smiled at me, "My son's a lucky fellow. I know you're going to make him very happy."

When I looked at Manolo, he looked like he was on the verge of tears. I mean, I could understand why, he's playing the roll as father of the bride.

"I have no words." he simply mumbled.

Lydia was the first to snap out of her haze. She quickly walked up to me and handed me a small box. "It's your something borrowed." she whispered.

I opened it up to find a lovely diamond bracelet. Immediately, I slipped it on to my left wrist and smiled, "It's lovely."

"All right! Enough of this!" Rachel suddenly boomed, "We need to get her to the chapel, stat!"

It was hard to take her seriously with what she looked like at the moment. All bridesmaids were required to wear their hair in a  messy updo. But Ray, she curled the ends of her hair inward to create a bob effect with a side part.

She looked way too classy to be dangerous but we all knew better. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I looked at the time. Everyone should be seated now.

"The carriage is waiting outside!" Ruben called as she looked out the window. Rachel hired a carriage because of how my dress is made; I wouldn't have been able to fit in a car.

I nodded and soon only I and Rachel remained in the room as everyone left to go to our destination.

My best friend smiled at me but it wasn't like her usual smiles. This smile was filled with so much love, so much thanks.

She grabbed my hands and looked directly into my eyes with her crystal blues that were so much like her brother's.

"Thank you, Chloe." she whispered sincerely, "You gave me back my brother."

I chuckled, "It is I, that should be thanking you, Ray. I would have never learnt to love again had not been for you bringing my case to your brother."

Her eyes welled up and I felt mine do the same as well. "You gave me back my life, Ray." my voice broke, "Thank you."

•~~~~~•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•~~~~~•