Chapter 10: Date??

Chloe:

Two days. It's been two freaking days since Christian and I shared that public kiss. He hasn't visited or called within these past 24 hours.

Gerald who was sitting on my window ledge chuckled at me. "You know, this is first time I've seen Christian so worked up over a girl before."

"What do you mean?" I asked. Gerald only gave me a sly smile. At the same time I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in." I called, temporarily forgetting Gerald. The door squeaked open and in came Christian. Flustered I stuttered, "C-Christian?"

"Hello, Chloe." he acknowledged me with a nod. He turned to Gerald, "Wait outside." Gerald gave me a wink when he jumped from the window still and did as Christian asked, closing the door behind him.

Silence consumed us as I waited for him to speak and he just stared at me. He suddenly cleared his throat and fixed the tie around his neck.

"What are you doing this afternoon?" His deep voice asked. I twiddled my thumbs and looked down at them. "Well... uh... Rachel and I are going to the mall to get a dress for me." I answered quietly.

"Why would you need to get a dress, might I ask?" he retorted in a clipped tone.

"Well... uh... she's taking me to the Le Vin Rouge party this Saturday." I answered quickly.

He was silent for a while. His Silence unnerved me. "Very well then." he finally said, "While you're at it, let her get you blue cocktail dress. We have an event to attend tomorrow afternoon."

My eyes snapped up to meet his crystal blues. "What is this event?" I asked hesitantly.

"A banquet for business relations. As my fiancé you are required to attend with me." he explained.

I nodded in understanding. "I expect you to dress your best, Chloe. This is a date, after all."

My eyes widened slightly and mumbled the word. "Date?"

He nodded, "Yes, a date. While we're there, why not learn some things about each other. I will pick you up at exactly 4pm sharp. You must know by now that I am never late and have very little patience."

I blinked at him several times before answering, "Yes. I'll be ready by that time."

He nodded in satisfaction. "I'll see you then." I nodded back at him. I expected him to leave but he just shoved a hand in his pocket and stared at me.

"Aren't you going to offer to walk me out?" he asked a little while later.

"Oh." I blushed and got up gingerly. "Uh... sure. Um... follow me." I mumbled. I heard a chuckle behind me as I led him to the front door.

I opened the front door and stepped aside for him to pass. He made no hesitation in walking straight through. But suddenly he stopped and turned back to me.

He tucked a strand of hair that got our of my bun behind my ear making me blush. "Goodbye, Chloe."

°~~~~~°💍°~~~~~°

Christian:

After leaving Chloe's place, I headed back to work. I have some things to sort out with the Indian Technology company.

After the meeting I was typing an email to the owner of Palm Beach Resort, booking a room there for next week Wednesday until the next 27 days. I had business to attend to there in St Petersburg, Miami. I'm taking Chloe with me.

"Mr Humphrey, sir. There's a Claudia Davidson here to see you. She says it's urgent." Carson rushed as he entered my office.

I glared at him for the intrusion but said nothing. "I'm busy right now. Send her away." I ordered.

He fidgeted, "Um, sir.... She says she won't leave unless she personally gets to talk to you."

"What do I pay you for, Carson? Let the guards escort her out. I am in no mood to deal with her, right now." I said in a clipped tone.

He got the message because he immediately left and seconds later I heard Claudia's excessive screaming. That hag is really starting to get on my nerves.

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

Chloe:

"Hold on. Let me get something straight." Rachel said as she continued piling dresses in my arms. "So, he just walks in, announces that you're going with him to this banquet, announces it as a date, orders you to find a blue cocktail dress and leaves?"

I nodded, and caught another dress she threw at me. "That's pretty much it." I answered. She suddenly started pushing me to the dressing rooms.

"Oh my God, Chlo. Your making my brother sick or something." she sighed dreamily.

"Try on those." she pointed at the pile and shoved me inside a booth. "Like, seriously, Chlo. Something's not right with that man. One minute he's all big bad wolf and with you he's like, little red riding hood." she spoke from outside.

What? The hell she talking bout? "What's the big deal, Ray? I'm sure he's asked allot of women on dates. I'm probably no different." I shot back as I undressed. The thought made me sorta sad. What if it's his twisted way of trying to get me in bed?

"You don't understand, Chlo! Christian hasn't asked anyone out in seven freaking years! Oh my God, Chlo!" she cheered outside.

I laughed quietly and tried on the first dress I grabbed. It was a turquoise color with elbow length sleeves and a V-neck. The top fit snug around my upper body but the skirt fell to my knees in a flowy silk

It was nice but not my style. I walked out of the room to find Rachel on the couch across from me. She cringed instantly. "Ew... that's a no."

After trying on, dress after dress, Ray deeming them all, I quote, 'Ew'.

One last dress laid on the bench. Let's hope, we don't have to go to another store...... again. I looked at the myself in the mirror. I looked good. The dress was a smooth white leather that looked almost plastic. It had a sweetheart neckline and thick straps that crossed over my exposed back, connecting on with side of my hip.

The dress fit snuggled against my body but not too tight and reached mid thigh. I turned in the dress. Wow. I look good. Taking a deep breath, I walked out.

Rachel did a once over on me and did a wolf whistle causing my face to heat up. "Damn Daniel. We've found your dress for the party. You gonna be the main attraction, girl."

"Rachel!" I hissed and rushed back into the room. After paying for the dress, we went in search of a blue cocktail dress. We ducked into a very expensive looking boutique and I looked around in awe.

Everything was color coordinated. Rachel instantly pulled me to the blue section and just grabbed about six of them. "Go try them on." she ordered.

I sighed and picked up the first dress I saw. It was a royal blue color with straps connected to the chest area. The chest area had a space between.

The straps tied around the neck and made a nice little bow. The shirt was long to my ankles and had a long slit up to mid thigh. A thick band was around the waist and the back was open.

I did a twirl. This is it. Thank God, I didn't have to go through the rest. "Ray, I think this is it." I said when I emerged. She looked up from her cell and her eyes nearly popped out of her head.

"You bitch. You're so lucky. How the hell did you manage to find a dress like that in a matter of minute?" she pouted.

"Well...." I drawled, rolling my eyes, "....a certain best friend of mine dumped a pile of clothes in my arms and I just chose the first one I saw."

Rachel smiled and jumped off her seat. "Come here, you bitch." she teased. I giggled and walked into her arms. I hugged her back.
"I love you, bitch. You know that?" she said when we pulled away. I giggled and blinked her nose, "I love you, too, slut."

•~~~~•~~~~•💍•~~~~•~~~~•