Chapter 32: Jake

Chloe:

Jake never leaves me alone. He's always following me. I looked behind me to see him pretending to stand near a locker.

Alright if that's how he wants to play. I purposefully lead him into an empty room. As soon as I heard the door lock, I turned to face him.

"What do you want, Jake?" I bit out. He looked at me sheepishly.

"I was just protecting you." he stated.

"From what, Jake?" He was really starting to test my patience. I have no time for this.

"That scumbag boyfriend of yours. You think I'm stupid, Chloe. I see when you hide your bruises. I know he's hurting you."

"Stay out of this, Jake. I can handle my own business."  I pushed pass him and walked out the door only to be met with the angry eyes of my boyfriend.

I glared back at him and headed to class.

•~•~•~•

"Jake leave me alone! I don't want to be around you!"

"Jake please!"

"Just stay away!"

"You asshole! How could you do this to her. You're both monsters!"

"I find the defendant guilty....."

"Chloe...Chloe please, I'm sorry." Jake pleaded. Rachel punched him in the nose.

"Stay the fuck away from her you son of a bitch!"

"Chloe!"

I flew into a sitting position feeling like I was on fire. I threw the covers off me and looked outside to see it was still dark outside.

I was breathing heavily, trying to figure out what that dream was about. Usually it's a full nightmare or flashback but this time it was just fragments.

"Chloe? Baby, are you alright?" I turned my attention to a worried Christian.

"What.... What happened?" I asked, confused.

"You were yelling in your dream."

I saw that there was something he wanted to ask me. I could feel his hesitance. "What?"

"Who's Jake?" And my heart stopped. I don't know how I'm supposed to explain this to him. There's still allot of things he doesn't know about Mike and I. Jake is just another complication in my already complicated past.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. Whenever you're ready." I heard him say quietly after a while.

I turned to face him and folded my legs beneath me. He did the same and I know it's because he knew I was about to tell him something.

"You should know." I started, "Remember the waiter from that diner a few weeks ago? The one I asked you to change?"

He nodded.

"Well he's Jake. Jake and I used to be in the same class. I honestly thought it was amusing for someone his age to be in such a low class. Just turned out that he'd just started college.

Around that time I'd met Mike and we were just starting up. Jake was very friendly but soon Mike was changing and I started to stay away from him.

Jake never left me alone, even after I became mean to him just so he would leave me alone. He was always trying to get me to leave Mike but I was too afraid."

I stopped to take a breath as I felt a ball begin to fall in my throat.

"Baby..."

"No Chris. I think it's time you know why I finally sought help to get away from him." He shut up and silently told me to continue.

"I gave in to Jake. He suddenly kissed me and instead of pulling away, I kissed back. He convinced me to run away that night. And that's when everything unraveled.

Mike found out and I got the beating of a lifetime. But he went further than just beating me and making me do horrible things with him."

A traitorous tear left my eyes as I lifted his shirt that I was wearing. I revealed the disgusting scars on my stomach as a sob left me.

"He did this with a hot knife." I said through tears. I showed him the scarred M that was carved into my side. His face morphed into one of outrage. He was just now learning about the severity of my past.

"Jake was the one that called him. It turned out that the two of them were actually friends and they'd made a bet. First was to see which one of them would be able to get me first.

Next was to see if I could stay faithful, no matter what. Mike took it too far; he became obsessed with me. He didn't want to let me go.

I called Rachel immediately. By the time she arrived with help, I was unconscious. Jake tried to apologize to me. Harmless fun he called it but Rachel never gave him the chance to come near me again."

Something wet and cold rolled down my cheeks and it took me a while to realize I was crying. Crystal blue eyes stared back into mine. They were filled with so much remorse it made me cry harder.

"Chloe, I...I....I'm such an asshole. I was so rough with you, I didn't know. I'm sorry." His words made me cry even more and I shook my head.

"You already apologized." I sobbed out. He gently pulled me over to his side and under the covers. He laid with me, both on our sides, facing each other.

"I can't believe they put you through all that for a bet." he whispered. I could tell that he was already planning something in his head.

Instead of asking, I lay my head on his chest and fell right back to sleep.

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

Christian:

As soon as she fell asleep, I quietly crept out of bed and went out unto the balcony that was connected to our room.

I like the sound of that, it is our room. I dialed the number I saved as three on my cellphone and waited anxiously for him to pick up.

"Roger, I need some info on a guy named Jake. He's about six feet tall. Brown eyes, blond hair. He went to Herman's University also."

"Dude, it's four o'clock in the fucking morning."

"Does it look like I care? I'm trying to keep my girl safe and I can care less if I interrupt your sleep to do that!"

"You're so lucky you're my friend. Call back around eight o'clock, I should have your info by then."

I hung up and rest the phone down on the banister as I released a frustrated sigh. It's been a week since the text scare and we've found nothing on Mike.

Lisa went over to his house the other day but his mother said that she hadn't seen him since Lisa took Lisabeth.

So the bastard is out there, terrorizing my girl. I have to find him and when I do, I'm going to make an example of him to the world. They all will see what happens when they mess with my girl.

But for now, I need to keep her mind on what's really important at the moment. Our wedding is in just three days and her dress arrives tomorrow.

With everything going on, one would think that postponing the wedding would be best but it's exactly what we need right now.

It's exactly what she needs right now; a day all about her and by God, she'll get it.

•~~~~•~~~~•💍•~~~~•~~~~•