Chapter 11: The Beauty, the Beast and the Banquet

Chloe:

I was just finishing up my homework when Rachel busted through my bedroom door. "Do you know what time it is?" she scowled at me.

I rose a brow at her and shut my book. I looked over at the clock. "It's noon." I said in a duh tone. She rolled her eyes and pulled me out of bed.

"Yeah and Christian's picking you up at exactly 4pm. That gives me exactly three hours and forty minutes to get your hair and makeup done plus your bath." She stated and shoved me inside the bathroom.

"Get your ass cleaned. Quickly." she ordered with a pointed look.

I sighed and did as she asked. I didn't really have to stay long, considering I took a bath an hour ago. After putting on underwear and my bra under my robe, I exited the bathroom drying my hair.

"Okay, my future sister in law. Let's get you looking like a smoking hot princess." Ray smirked, twirling the curling iron in her hand.

                •~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

Wow. That's all I could muster right now. Wow. My naturally large curls we're now curled smaller and fell perfectly on my back with small blue flowers weaved through them and a blue flower wreath went around the front of my head from ear to ear.

My make up was done professionally; a shiny, silver eye-shadow covered my eyelids, mascara coated my eyelashes and a light pink lipstick complemented perfectly on my lips.

The dress looked perfect along with the silver stilettos I wore. My silver locket and a pair of diamond studs finished the look with my silver clutch. I looked perfect.

Looking over at the clock I saw that I still had ten minutes till Christian arrives. I turned around to Rachel, "Thank you, Ray."

She smirked, "Yeah well, I should go into this profession after we graduate." I nodded and we headed downstairs, Rachel ahead of me.

"Ms Santiago, Lisa, Lisabeth. I would like to present to you the new and improved, Chloe." I heard her announce. I shook my head but continued on anyway.

My hand was gliding along the stair rail was continued down, feeling nervous. I've never dressed like this before and I don't know what they'll think.

I stopped at the the top and smiled down at the shocked look on my family's face. "I ought to throw a party in your honor, Ray." Lisa told my best friend.

Lisabeth pulled on her mother's jeans. "Mommy, is Aunt Chloe a princess?" she asked. Everyone laughed at her little comment.

A knock on the door had Rachel smirking up at me. "Oh, I wonder who that could be."

I rolled my eyes at her and waited patiently for the door to open while slowly descending the remaining stairs. "Crissy!" Lisabeth cried and flung herself at him.

Christian gave her a small smile, "Where's your aunt, little one?"

She pointed in my direction and his eyes immediately snapped to mine as I stepped down the last step. It was like time froze. His eyes travelled down my body and back up making me blush and duck my head, shyly.

I glanced up in time to see him handing my niece to her mother and striding over to me. He took my left hand in his and placed a tender kiss on the back of it. "You look beautiful, this evening, Chloe." he complimented me.

If possible, my cheeks grew even more red. "Shall we get going, now?" he asked, now standing at his height.

I pulled my hand back, gently and gave him a little nod. After saying goodbye to mom, he led me outside and opened the back door of a limo.